Pinarello Dogma F12 vs. Lapierre Aircode SL700 Ultimate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is my selection from the ‘My Way’ which only shows an image of the bike with discs (regardless of brake type selection) .... it’s interesting that the discs are (as you said) much less noticeable because of the rim size ... I could live with those ... in fact I’d love to live with that bike … View attachment 559156

Just to make things slightly more complex:laugh: i think Dura Ace discs being black look better than the silver Ultegra, but easy enough to swap over once the first set is worn out

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
You bought it yet?
I have to go through the motions of weighing up the pros and cons (my wife is watching me carefully :angel:) although in truth my mind is made up and it’ll be the F12 ... either the black one from stock ... or a little more on the ‘my way’ grey one I pictured .. I’ll update as soon as the deposit is paid ..

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have to go through the motions of weighing up the pros and cons (my wife is watching me carefully :angel:) although in truth my mind is made up and it’ll be the F12 ... either the black one from stock ... or a little more on the ‘my way’ grey one I pictured .. I’ll update as soon as the deposit is paid ..
Hurry up. ^_^

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Hurry up. ^_^

Spending someone else's money on high end machines is fun isn't it, especially with no wife financial approval problems to overcome....:laugh:

v8rumble

As an owner of my second Dogma, the first an F8 (rim braked, Campagnolo EPS) and now an F12 ( disc braked EPS ) I can assure you that the F12 with disc will be a great choice. On a Dogma you always want to beat your last PB. I am 64 and just love it, love it. Comfortable and ever so steady at all speeds. Just go for it. Life is too short

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
As an owner of my second Dogma, the first an F8 (rim braked, Campagnolo EPS) and now an F12 ( disc braked EPS ) I can assure you that the F12 with disc will be a great choice. On a Dogma you always want to beat your last PB. I am 64 and just love it, love it. Comfortable and ever so steady at all speeds. Just go for it. Life is too short
:notworthy: Thank you v8rumble - great to hear. I’m finalising my own build of an F12 now - should be a firm order at the end of this week. ‘In for a penny, in for a pound’ they say - so I’ve opted for the best I can have - disc brakes, dura-ace Di2, ceramic bearing wheel set and so on ... as you say ‘Life is too short’ ... I’ll do my best to forget the purchase price , although I’m confident my wife will remind me from time to time - I’ll update this thread as soon as the order is accepted. Which colour do you have please ?.

Milzy

Guru
I’ve watched a few videos about F12’s on YouTube. Sometimes there’s floors in the carbon. I’d rather have a Planet X carbon & save £5,000 whilst not loosing any time on a 100 mile ride. The F12 imitations from China have come along way now. I wouldn’t risk it incase the fork snaps at 40-50 mph mind.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve watched a few videos about F12’s on YouTube. Sometimes there’s floors in the carbon. I’d rather have a Planet X carbon & save £5,000 whilst not loosing any time on a 100 mile ride. The F12 imitations from China have come along way now. I wouldn’t risk it incase the fork snaps at 40-50 mph mind.
Do you need stairs to get onto the saddle?

Top Bottom