Pizza Ovens ( outdoor )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Making pizza tonight, there will be pineapple on them, by order of my daughter and son.
you know its wrong fossy.........fruit is for fruit salad only lol....

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Personally, for my woodfired pizzas I've found less is more, in terms of variety of ingredients but most of all in terms of quantity. Favorite is Margherita, with tomato sauce made from just decent tinned tomatoes (like Cirio) given a quick whizz with a handblender, and a touch of pepper. Not too much cheese either.
Chopping? Sounds like hard work ^_^

https://www.ocado.com/products/cirio-passata-rustica-53936011

...but I agree with the rest - less is more, for sure, and make sure the cheese is as dry as possible.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In all serious, no. I actually do like a nice Hawaiian Pizza.

Good man. I was on a cycling holiday in Lanzarotte and me and my 'comrade' had a tropical pizza. It literally had all sorts on it, grapes, pineapple, etc and your usual cheese, ham, mushroom. Was delish and contained our 5 a day !

Fruit can go on anything.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

My lads made pizza this week from scratch , they were cracking . We put black pudding and pepperoni on them :whistle:
what else was on it......not a fan of black pudding, but loves a bit of pepperoni

I love pineapple on pizza.

I’ve even started using it in some of my curry dishes. :eek:

I had a go at making my own pizza bases for a while but am totally incapable of getting them anywhere near round. :blush:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I had a go at making my own pizza bases for a while but am totally incapable of getting them anywhere near round. :blush:
do they need to be round??.......make them all shapes and enjoy

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Oval will do....

We made some recently with a yoghurt base in the mix - went quite well. I'm cheating tonight with pre-made bases ! Even worse than pineapple !

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Oval will do....

We made some recently with a yoghurt base in the mix - went quite well. I'm cheating tonight with pre-made bases ! Even worse than pineapple !
a colleague of mine in work, made some with a yoghurt base last week, she said they were good

Top Bottom