Pizza Ovens ( outdoor )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SheilaH

is there any difference in how many you cook for??? i mean aren't single people allowed to use BBQs, grills or ovens???

Apparently not.

There is a whole discussion to be had about resources, but obsessing over a couple of logs in a pizza oven vs a BBQ is getting pretty niche :laugh:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've always wanted an outdoor oven. This was my lock down project last year.
I think the Pizzas are fantastic, but for an independent view @ianrauk will comment I am sure.

View attachment 574628
View attachment 574630
FFS, surely a thread ban is warranted for the pineapple alone?

Kingfisher101

Über Member
so you dont bbq either then?? and why cook inside when its sunny and hot, if you can cook outside???

hey why not just stay inside 24/7 and buy a sun lamp.......and draw in fresh air with fans.......why ride a bike, why not just jump in the car??

sheeeesh
I certainly don't have BBQs, the stench is enough to turn your stomach and the neighbours would be round shouting and complaining. Last time I had a small garden bonfire, the neighbour went mental and I had to call the Police. (Thats just 3 small ones in 2 years as well.)

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I certainly don't have BBQs, the stench is enough to turn your stomach and the neighbours would be round shouting and complaining. Last time I had a small garden bonfire, the neighbour went mental and I had to call the Police. (Thats just 3 small ones in 2 years as well.)
maybe you need to move to a more inclusive area......

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am an Ooni lover, I had an original one which was wood fired, which we then sold for a Koda which is gas fired. We sold the wood fired one because of the faffing required, fine if you have guests and are cooking up 20 pizzas, not great in winter when you just want to feed the family. The gas Koda is quick and easy to setup, very controllable so therefore consistent and just a huge amount less faff. We use the gas one weekly (Wednesdays) year round, even in the snow. The wood one was summer only and only on special occasions due to the faff. There is no real taste difference between the two 90 seconds is not long enough to get any flavours from the wood. Ooni do have 20% sales at various times of the year and you can often find deals elsewhere. If you don't already have gas bottles remember to add in the additional cost of setup.

If you have any specific questions just shout or check out the Ooni website.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I am an Ooni lover, I had an original one which was wood fired, which we then sold for a Koda which is gas fired. We sold the wood fired one because of the faffing required, fine if you have guests and are cooking up 20 pizzas, not great in winter when you just want to feed the family. The gas Koda is quick and easy to setup, very controllable so therefore consistent and just a huge amount less faff. We use the gas one weekly (Wednesdays) year round, even in the snow. The wood one was summer only and only on special occasions due to the faff. There is no real taste difference between the two 90 seconds is not long enough to get any flavours from the wood. Ooni do have 20% sales at various times of the year and you can often find deals elsewhere. If you don't already have gas bottles remember to add in the additional cost of setup.

That's what I was expecting - it's a faff unless doing a load of pizzas, then it comes into it's own. Gas is easier.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

i have gas for my plancha grill and can run splits off to other grills, ovens, etc etc if required.......im not using a BBQ

but to be honest, i dont want to just use it for pizza...i want to cook lamb, chicken, steaks etc etc in there aswell as pizza

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
i dont want to just use it for pizza...i want to cook lamb, chicken, steaks etc etc in there aswell as pizza

Get into bread baking, you'll get amazing loaves. (rolls, focaccia etc too)

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've always wanted an outdoor oven. This was my lock down project last year.
I think the Pizzas are fantastic, but for an independent view @ianrauk will comment I am sure.

View attachment 574628
View attachment 574630

Great Pizza it was too.. and of course home made garlic bread.
Nothing wrong with Pineapple on Pizza ^_^, but if you want to disagree I will let you take it up with my partner Rachel. And trust me, you won't want to do that :laugh:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Great Pizza it was too.. and of course home made garlic bread.
Nothing wrong with Pineapple on Pizza ^_^, but if you want to disagree I will let you take it up with my partner Rachel. And trust me, you won't want to do that :laugh:
pineapple is wrong ian and deep down inside you know that, but you dont want to upset your partner :cheers:

SheilaH

You can put whatever you want on pizza. After all, it's going in your mouth.

Personally, for my woodfired pizzas I've found less is more, in terms of variety of ingredients but most of all in terms of quantity. Favorite is Margherita, with tomato sauce made from just decent tinned tomatoes (like Cirio) given a quick whizz with a handblender, and a touch of pepper. Not too much cheese either.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

You can put whatever you want on pizza. After all, it's going in your mouth.

Personally, for my woodfired pizzas I've found less is more, in terms of variety of ingredients but most of all in terms of quantity. Favorite is Margherita, with tomato sauce made from just decent tinned tomatoes (like Cirio) given a quick whizz with a handblender, and a touch of pepper. Not too much cheese either.
i like a full on meat feast.......but i like BBQ sauce, rather than tomato.....runs to hide

Top Bottom