Puncture proof tyres?? Any good??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Visage77

So puncture proof tyres for a hybrid/trekking bike? Are they worth it? Expensive or not? Which are the good ones? Thanks

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Marathon Plus. Almost completely bomb-proof. I did have one puncture when a nail went into the side wall, but that was a freak Act of God. People say that they are heavy and slow. That's as maybe, but they are very good if you want to avoid punctures.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Marathon Plus. Almost completely bomb-proof. I did have one puncture when a nail went into the side wall, but that was a freak Act of God. People say that they are heavy and slow. That's as maybe, but they are very good if you want to avoid punctures.
I've used them too, for about 8 years, and they are almost completely puncture-proof. I use them on both my commuter and road bikes.

Very true.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I've had them on a hack bike and thought they were awful - harsh ride and pretty frightening on corners. Cut em off and stuck on Conti 4 seasons. Beware you need to be properly HENCHED to get the things on the rims.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have Marathon plus on the CX and are, so far, delighted with them. The roll fine as far as I can tell. I am not the fastest rider though. I have Gatorskins on the roadie, also with no problems although I live in dread of a P on them as my hands are really pants nowadays and the Gatorskins were a bugger to fit

Top Bottom