Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I watch Talk Radio from Monday to Friday on my laptop. Weekends are boring, so I listen to Radio Lancashire instead. Talk Radio this week has only been on this https://talkradio.co.uk/radioplayer/live/talkradio.html, From Monday Talk Radio becomes Talk TV. https://www.news.co.uk/2021/09/news-uk-to-launch-new-channel-talktv/

My question is can I get it on my laptop, or will I have to watch it on my telly?, which hasn't been on for nearly two and a half years by the way.🤔

The first paragraph of your link answers the question...

The channel will be streamed live and made widely available on all platforms including linear TV and OTT with content available across social media as well as News UK’s own broad inventory of websites and apps. Everyone in the UK will be able to access the channel, live or on-demand, either on their television or on any personal device.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The first paragraph of your link answers the question...

The channel will be streamed live and made widely available on all platforms including linear TV and OTT with content available across social media as well as News UK’s own broad inventory of websites and apps. Everyone in the UK will be able to access the channel, live or on-demand, either on their television or on any personal device.

Thanks for that. They've been pumping the new set up for the last few weeks, going on about it being available on freeview, SKY etc. They haven't actually said it's available on your laptop or phone though. Yes I know it might be obvious to some, but it wasn't to me so I needed confirmation!:okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is this a tennis racket or a badminton racket? It looks quite old. I bought it, complete with that wooden clamp thingy the other day for £2. What's that clamp thingy called by the way?🤔

1650715850170.png

1650715935583.png

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
It’s quite a slender shaft but look at the size of the head - it’s the width of the car seat. Either way I guess it will never see a ball again.

Is it just an accessory for your cosplay, Accy?

Why do bruises spread out beyond the area of damage a few days later? It's like chromatography on my hand now after a crush incident on my fingers.

I once had a bad bruise about 2p sized where they siphoned off a pint of blood. Over the next week I got a bruise spreading down from it to conver the inside of my forearm.

The spread doesn't seem, even around the damage site though.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Why do bruises spread out beyond the area of damage a few days later? It's like chromatography on my hand now after a crush incident on my fingers.

I once had a bad bruise about 2p sized where they siphoned off a pint of blood. Over the next week I got a bruise spreading down from it to conver the inside of my forearm.

The spread doesn't seem, even around the damage site though.

Gravity

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is it just an accessory for your cosplay, Accy?
I saw it, picked it up, looked at it and saw a £2 price sticker on it, so I couldn't resist, as they say. I've seen such items on sale in so called antiques shops for much more. I might put it in the window display of the retro clothing shop I work in.🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom