Recovery Protein???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
True, but my race performance is not a good indicator of my fitness improving. If I place 5th in one race one weekend, but 3rd in the next race, am I getting fitter or did my peers have a bad day?

who knows? You can only race the fellas that turn up...

If you want scientific measures, do a ramp test every month, or a regular aerobic limit test...

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I think your calculator is broken.

In my experience of weight loss, (3 stone since last October, so I feel qualified) the vast majority of these calculator sites over estimate by about 40%. It makes it very hard to count calorie deficit accurately. As I've got down to the last few body fat %'s of my target Ive needed to base my calculations on what actually goes in against what I'm burning/loosing. I can now predict to about 0.25 lbs what I'm going to weigh based on accurate counting and correct BMR calculation.

Interestingly the only site that is almost bang on is strava when you upload a fully loaded file to it of a ride. It's much closer (it uses rider weight and equipment weight in its algorythms). If strava is saying your on 1000 calories per hour then fair play.

Most of those sites are coded to make you feel better.

IMHO Strava under-cooks it. Other online calculators certainly over estimate a bit but I think it's generally less than 40% in my experience. I think it's perfectly realistic for a heavy guy to burn perhaps 900 cals give or take in an hour, when putting a lot of effort in.

lukesdad

what is what..?
Fitness

lukesdad

well, grow up then and stop trying (and failing) to score cheap internet points in discussions where you clearly have no actual clue what you're talking about....no offence.. :smile:

None taken, if you want to take part in internet debates, a few suggestions;

Firstly adjust your tone.

Secondly.. adjust your tone :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I was planning on necking a bottle of banana yazoo as a recovery drink following tomorrow mornings 2x20 turbo session, but the pricks at tesco missed it off my home delivery order, not best pleased!

Top Bottom