Renewing derailleur and cassette.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
You beat me to it, I was about to suggest hanger alignment.

For some reason a lot of people do not get around to doing that which should be done first. I have known of plenty of nexus go out of alignment without even being knocked about, such a simple thing to check.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
For some reason a lot of people do not get around to doing that which should be done first. I have known of plenty of nexus go out of alignment without even being knocked about, such a simple thing to check.

Tha hanger alignment was checked and corrected at the shop as the very first thing done, I missed it from the op but mention it in the thread later.:okay:

Tin Pot

Guru
U

User6179

I fixed a similar issue if I am hearing you correctly ( Shifting upwards onto the 4 largest cogs is failing and requires an extra push on the shifter)

I changed Chain, cassette and inner and outer cable and it still didn't work correctly, before changing the mech I noticed the jockey wheels were well worn and the top one was not moving from side to side freely so I changed the jockey wheels and that sorted it.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

I fixed a similar issue if I am hearing you correctly ( Shifting upwards onto the 4 largest cogs is failing and requires an extra push on the shifter)

I changed Chain, cassette and inner and outer cable and it still didn't work correctly, before changing the mech I noticed the jockey wheels were well worn and the top one was not moving from side to side freely so I changed the jockey wheels and that sorted it.

Yes you're hearing me correctly. Pretty much doing the same as you, hanger aligned, new inner cable fitted new chain at home and a new cassette on it's way. hope that's it sorted.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

It's not being caused by that last short section of outer that runs to the mech is it ?

Food for thought, the cassette is due a change anyway but i'll keep that in mind, cheers.

Top Bottom