Ribble price increase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solecyclist

I Don't know if anyone has noticed but Ribble have increased the Price of its 725 Endurance disc range by £200 pounds. That's over 14% increase in price from the origanal figure. As you can see its well over the cost of inflation. I guess even value for money firms like Ribble are cashing in on the pandemic situation. Quite disgusting. Does anybody else have views on this.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ribble are selling at a price the market will bear, like any sensible business.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Which thread are you happy with @Solecyclist ? You've two of the same!

If there is one thing i have learned in life and that is things are only worth what people are willing to pay...

Drago

Legendary Member
Its a tricky one. As a mid market value brand, rather than an aspirational brand, they tread a fine line with their pricing.

Will the market stand it? They'll know soon enough.

Any business with gumption had a mission statement with which to direct their actions and values. Few businesses have "not to make as much profit as possible" as their goal. Its a pain for us buyers, but good luck to them if it helps the business survive and thrive, which is the name of the game.

si_c

Guru
I'd suspect that they are planning in advance for Brexit - it's highly unlikely that these bikes are made in the UK so it's likely they are planning a price increase now so they don't have to raise the price later. Also inflation is an aggregate figure covering a few areas of the economy and is incredibly unlikely to accurately reflect the costs experienced by a single company.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Cycling had a huge boost over lockdown. Stock sold out almost everywhere. They can charge what they want as they know they will sell them. If they don’t you will see the prices come back down.

D

Deleted member 26715

Maybe it's not them, maybe it's their suppliers, maybe with covid in the factory, or rather keeping covid out of the factory they have had to spend an amount of money they need to recoup some how, but as @vickster says if you don't like the price don't buy the goods, I do this all the time.

Lots of things have gone up in price using covid as an excuse, some legitimately some not, individual masks £1 each, hand sanitiser 100ml bottles £4.99, toilet rolls £1.99 each,

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I also expect the prices of parts and group sets have shot up. Planet X have the most variable pricing !

Look on the bright side solecyclist - this is your opportunity to hop off the escalation in bike prices driven by marketing and the "new golf" over the last few years and buy a nice second hand steel bike - and do your own tinkering.
Ribble have gone substantial "up" market in the last few years anyway, and I have a significantly reduced interest in their bikes anyway.
Who owns Ribble now?
They used to sell some interesting bikes and bits but am these days happy to let them float downriver.

Nibor

Bewildered
It looks to me like they have amended the price of this model to bring it in line with the rest of their range. I was looking a few weeks ago and thinking it was a lot better value than the other bikes.

It looks to me like they have amended the price of this model to bring it in line with the rest of their range. I was looking a few weeks ago and thinking it was a lot better value than the other bikes.
:smile:
Can't be having that can we.
Folk might catch a glimmer of the light.

Top Bottom