Riding without pedal reflectors. OK or not?

It illegal to ride at night without pedal reflectors visible from behind so is it OK to do it?

• Yes, I do it all the time

Votes: 101 74.8%
  • No, I always obey the law

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • I don't ride at night

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • What are pedals?

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adds21

Rider of bikes
Yes i presumed that you would go correctly prepared but someone else could start out legal and arrive home a law breaker.

Just as they could by not having lights, or having flat batterys.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Yes i presumed that you would go correctly prepared but someone else could start out legal and arrive home a law breaker.

Apollo you are becoming so very tedious. You know the score but still seem to want to keep on rehashing the same crap. Do you you want to do, when you want to do it. As an adult it is your right. It is also your right to face the consequences of those actions.

apollo179

Apollo you are becoming so very tedious. You know the score but still seem to want to keep on rehashing the same crap. Do you you want to do, when you want to do it. As an adult it is your right. It is also your right to face the consequences of those actions.
If you do not want to discuss it thats fine - i dont see why you fly of the handle in such an irrational manner though.
I am rather disappointed in you.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
If you do not want to discuss it thats fine - i dont see why you fly of the handle in such an irrational manner though.
I am rather disappointed in you.

What is irrational about thinking that a person who holds a UK driving licence should be aware of road law?

OP
OP
R

Red Light

If it's a legal requirement, why do they make it so hard to buy them?

I am trying to get some fro my SPD pedals for when I go France (they LOOOVE reflectors over there!)

Two shops have now told me that pedal reflectors aren't a legal requirement in ANY country, which is plainly not true, several shops have said they don't exist but i have finally found a shop willing to help, although they said they will have to "make" something out of reflective tape.

It's so frustrating!

Making them out of reflective tape won't work if its the legality you are worried about as they won't be certified to the relevant standard. They will therefore be just as illegal as no reflectors.

Top Bottom