Saddle Sore / Numbness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
You can get noiseless saddles too

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
:welcome: in a word Brooks.:angel:

I bought a Brooks Imperial. After 2 years I still could not get on with it. There are lots of examples where people cannot get on with them. It is a very expensive mistake to make and it always baffles me when the first thing people advise is a Brooks saddle, just because it suits them.

Why not suggest a Charge Spoon or a Charge Pan. It may not suit but it is a fraction of the cost and they have many satisfied customers.

I do have a B17 that is very good. But i would never suggest a Brooks as a first option.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I bought a Brooks Imperial. After 2 years I still could not get on with it. There are lots of examples where people cannot get on with them. It is a very expensive mistake to make and it always baffles me when the first thing people advise is a Brooks saddle, just because it suits them.

Why not suggest a Charge Spoon or a Charge Pan. It may not suit but it is a fraction of the cost and they have many satisfied customers.

I do have a B17 that is very good. But i would never suggest a Brooks as a first option.
Never been impressed by the look of the imperial type saddles, that big hole just seems 'wrong'

Alan O

Über Member

Much as I like Brooks saddles myself, I agree and would never recommend one as a first option. The Charge Spoon would usually be my first recommendation - I have one and I like it, many other people like them, they're relatively cheap, and they hold reasonable resale value if it doesn't suit you.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Never been impressed by the look of the imperial type saddles, that big hole just seems 'wrong'
That big hole is the best bit about the saddle. As you can see in a lot of the ultra distance saddles.

So much so I bought an infinity saddle and it is brilliant. I have a row of saddles on my shed wall all of varying comfort. But the Infinity saddle outdoes them all. I have ridden about 3000km on the Infinity up to now and cannot fault it. When I bought it I was hoping it was not going to be a gimmick and its not. I have added the tinnest of foam to the edge of mine and then taped the lot. Its the strangest looking thing. But it works a treat.

They need to make bare infinity frames in different sizes so you can add your own padding. I think that would be a winner. Providing they half the price, because the are very expensive. You get less and pay more. But its worth it. No I would not point a newbie in the direction of an Infinity. Actually, yes I would if they could afford it.

https://infinitybikeseat.com/

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Dogtrousers. I think everyone whoever bought an Infinity saddle thought the same as you.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Here is mine all taped up. It looks odd but it' comfy.

Attachments

• 20171109_152332.jpg
    20171109_152332.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 57

Alan O

Über Member
Infinity is a funny one. A casual look at it and the website just screams "daft idea" (well, to me it does). However the only people I know of who have actually tried it for any significant distances are very happy (which just goes to show how reliable my first impressions are).

Had I not stumbled upon a saddle that exactly suits me I would be seriously considering trying one, and hang the expense. However, I've been lucky and found a cheapo, plasticy padded saddle that I can happily ride on for 12 hours and longer. (Selle SMP Trk). Lucky me.
Whoa, that Infinity saddle looks 100% wrong to me, as it explicitly does not support the sitbones as other saddles do. But I guess people who are comfortable on it are, well, comfortable on it. Still, at those prices, I won't be buying one just to try it.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Whoa, that Infinity saddle looks 100% wrong to me, as it explicitly does not support the sitbones as other saddles do. But I guess people who are comfortable on it are, well, comfortable on it. Still, at those prices, I won't be buying one just to try it.
A lot of the RAM guys used it. You are right, it looks wrong. But it' right.

Top Bottom