Scratching a titanium itch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
@PaulSmith SRCC smith I don’t mind a little paint on the seat stays...
Although I totally get why some paint their Titanium; personally I like a minimalistic brushed finish. Part of the appeal is that there is no paint to chip or scratch plus I just love how it looks ❤
600720 My Van Nicholas Yukon

600719 My Van Nicholas Chinook
600849 Enjoying the Surrey lanes on my Chinook :bicycle:

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It has taken a wee while - mainly due to the difficulty sourcing bits, but my bike is now ready!

Just a small matter of paying for it now.........

So when do you get it ?

Hope you enjoy it.

Thankfully it's an itch that I have not had yet but did see a nice
Airborne Zeppelin Road Bike but thankfully it's sold now

Last edited:

Johnno260

Veteran
I've paid it today, and hopefully its being delivered on Friday.

I don't have the cash yet, but I keep looking at Reilly bikes as they're quite local to me, same with Engima.

Please put up some pictures once you have it built up I would be really interested to hear your opinion on this.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
I don't have the cash yet, but I keep looking at Reilly bikes as they're quite local to me, same with Engima.

Please put up some pictures once you have it built up I would be really interested to hear your opinion on this.
I worked at Enigma between 2013 to 2016 so I am a little biased as I still have a lot of respect and affection for all the staff, the owners and what they are trying (successfully in my opinion) to achieve. If you get the chance their facility is well worth a visit as their Signature range are made on the premises so you can see for yourself the skill and care that goes into making a Titanium frame from start to finish.

Any builder will have a 'business model', for some it maybe focusing on building down to a price point, where as others it maybe up to a higher standard and unsurprisingly these frames will also normally come with a higher price tag; this applies to those built in the Far East as well. Even though a UK built Enigma maybe out of your price range a visit may prove to be something of an education and perhaps give you a better idea of what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Johnno260

Veteran
I worked at Enigma between 2013 to 2016 so I am a little biased as I still have a lot of respect and affection for all the staff, the owners and what they are trying (successfully in my opinion) to achieve. If you get the chance their facility is well worth a visit as their Signature range are made on the premises so you can see for yourself the skill and care that goes into making a Titanium frame from start to finish.

Any builder will have a 'business model', for some it maybe focusing on building down to a price point, where as others it maybe up to a higher standard and unsurprisingly these frames will also normally come with a higher price tag; this applies to those built in the Far East as well. Even though a UK built Enigma maybe out of your price range a visit may prove to be something of an education and perhaps give you a better idea of what you are looking for.
I may do this in the new year or post bonus in March as then I will be in a position to maybe order something, also I don’t mind saving if it’s something I really want.

Enigma is a 10min drive door to door for me.

I may do this in the new year or post bonus in March as then I will be in a position to maybe order something, also I don’t mind saving if it’s something I really want.

Enigma is a 10min drive door to door for me.
Surely you'd cycle then ?

PaulSB

Legendary Member

If you're looking at Reilly titanium then also look at Dolan and Kinesis - all use the same frame.

I have the Kinesis ATR V3 version.

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
I've finally got it. It didn't arrive until Monday - and I was working Tuesday / Wednesday so didn't manage to put it together until Thursday. I've just taken it to a local car park to take some photos. I know black finishings aren't to everyone's taste, but I like it. There is an understated economy about it. I got a better dynamo than I expected, and it came set up with tubeless tyres.

The courier said to my wife:- "I'm curious about what's in the box. I've delivered a lot of bikes, and its a box for an adults bike, but it isn't heavy enough. Is it a child's bike? "

Attachments

• Bike 5122.jpg
    Bike 5122.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Bike 5123.jpg
    Bike 5123.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Bike 5130.jpg
    Bike 5130.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Bike 5123.jpg
    Bike 5123.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Bike 5142.jpg
    Bike 5142.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Bike 5145.jpg
    Bike 5145.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 72
  • Bike 5141.jpg
    Bike 5141.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Bike 5144.jpg
    Bike 5144.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 80

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've finally got it. It didn't arrive until Monday - and I was working Tuesday / Wednesday so didn't manage to put it together until Thursday. I've just taken it to a local car park to take some photos. I know black finishings aren't to everyone's taste, but I like it. There is an understated economy about it. I got a better dynamo than I expected, and it came set up with tubeless tyres.

The courier said to my wife:- "I'm curious about what's in the box. I've delivered a lot of bikes, and its a box for an adults bike, but it isn't heavy enough. Is it a child's bike? "
Yes, it is a child's bike…because it makes you feel like a big kid! :smile: Nice!

Top Bottom