Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Warning to newbie Cyclists

Cycling can seriously damage your wardrobe

f397d889717a3d6b3737435afeae9e84_zps7d770383.jpg

Just had a good clear out of my cupboards, there is some more too good to bin which will be going to the charity shop.

Dam expensive this cycling lark!

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Just had a good clear out of my cupboards, there is some more too good to bin which will be going to the charity shop.

Lol. Good feeling eh! If I don't get a grip I will be throwing out the small stuff.
Managed 26 miles this morning followed by a 4 mile dog walk though so hopefully the scales might start going the other way soon.

See the surgeon at Ninewells Hospital this afternoon for a checkup on the collar bone. Hoping it shows some healing on the xray this time as there didn't look like much on the last one.

Lol. Good feeling eh! If I don't get a grip I will be throwing out the small stuff.
Managed 26 miles this morning followed by a 4 mile dog walk though so hopefully the scales might start going the other way soon.

See the surgeon at Ninewells Hospital this afternoon for a checkup on the collar bone. Hoping it shows some healing on the xray this time as there didn't look like much on the last one.
fingers crossed for you Mo

And your wallet!!
Did usual trip to Chertsey by car thinking weather would be too bad, probably could have cycled it but did some (food shopping) then called at Cycle Surgery and bought packable waterproof for the Sunday's Sportive

Yes hope the news is good

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just re found my favourite pink jersey from 1989, love it and it fits !!!! Re avatar.
I like that. Not many people can fit into clothes from 25 years ago so you must be doing something right! :thumbsup:

SpaCyclist

Hi,
I stated cycling again a couple of months ago, and am trying to increase my distance and fitness.
Had an early start this morning, and managed my longest ride so far - 76km. Slightly stiff legs, but pleased with the ride - especially as I managed to get back home just as the first drops of rain began to fall.
Stopped off for a coffee at the RSPB reserve at Fairburn Ings on the way round. £1.70 for a machine made coffee. However, it was freshly ground, a decent size cup, and helping a good cause.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Oh god - you lot depress me at times.

All so motivated and eager.

Just got in after a long day outside in the cold (wussy, wussy) with every intention of 'getting out' and......slapped heating on, made two cuppas and a slice of toast and I just can't be *rsed!

I wish I was more like all you much more commited 'bring it on' Newbies! :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

Just got in after a long day outside in the cold (wussy, wussy) with every intention of 'getting out' and......slapped heating on, made two cuppas and a slice of toast and I just can't be *rsed!

I wish I was more like all you much more commited 'bring it on' Newbies! :laugh:

Snap. :shy:

if you want,you can re-write my IT CV, find me a job and do it for me in exchange I get the wage and you get your cycling done. how's that? ;) :biggrin:

Mo1959

Legendary Member

If it's any consolation, I am having to push myself really hard to get out and not convinced I am enjoying it all that much, but at nearly a stone heavier than my fighting weight something must be done, although the surgeon did say I was quite thin so can't look too bad yet.......or maybe it's just my collar bones that are thin. Lol.

X-ray looked better this time. Under strict instructions not to fall off the bike or weight bear or lift too much yet as, although it looks ok, it won't be really strong for several months yet. Another follow up in 3 months time and I would imagine that will hopefully be me finished with appointments.

Top Bottom