Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
I had put too much clothing on this morning so a little better this afternoon - getting used to the changing season
The Aldi bibtights are almost too warm, on Sunday for the sportive will wear leg warmers and aim to take them off
Also prefer not to have too much on the legs if poss

I'm having the same issues with the season change.

Base layer, jacket (it was showery) & knee warmers today but the jacket was off after 7 or 8 miles.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I had put too much clothing on this morning so a little better this afternoon - getting used to the changing season
The Aldi bibtights are almost too warm, on Sunday for the sportive will wear leg warmers and aim to take them off
Also prefer not to have too much on the legs if poss

For my 100 sportive on Sunday I had leg warmers, head scarf, full gloves, long sleeved base layer and homemade foot warmers made out of old work socks, pretty much all of which came off at various stages as the day warmed up. But I didn't feel cold once riding and as the temp was only around 4 degrees when we started, my clothes choice worked well. The only issue I had was storing the clothes as I took them off, I just used every space available - wedge pack, pockets and bum bag all held something!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It was very hilly Nigel, worse then I'd expected, but never mind, I (just about) managed it!

@Phoenix Lincs

Just realised you were from Sleaford - my Mum was born in Alford (her ashes are in the cemetery there sadly). I vaguely remember visiting Sleaford when I was about 8 or 9 on an old bus (mid-60's). I spent first 9 months of my life in Boston with my Auntie as I think I was born out of wedlock :rolleyes: bit of a sin back then and I never really got to the bottom of it before my Mum died. My Mum was living in Dartford and I have often puzzled why I was sent up to Boston. Nice part of the world imo.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Just done my first evening ride in god knows how many years lol, only just above 4c but was sweating virtually all the way round, the hills do come in handy for keeping you warm in winter. It was with a guy I met at the weekend on a ride got chatting and it turned out he only lives a couple of miles away from me so exchanged numbers, Made a nice change having a cycling buddy, although I did hold him back a bit on the hills. I have to say it was tougher going at so late in the day, as I'm used to going out in a morning when I'm all refreshed from a good nights kip.

Edit http://www.strava.com/activities/204583342

Rustybucket

Veteran
Good Morning All

I just noticed on yesterday's ride I passed 2,000 miles for the year! http://www.strava.com/athlete/calendar/2014
My Original Target was 5,000 for the year v 4,300 actual 2013 - However being off the bike thru injury March to June scuppered that! Im now aiming to finish the year on 3,000 miles so need to do 333 per month now. Hopefully should get there!

Anyone braving the weather today Good Luck!!!

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
Wow. Very impressive. My target is 1000 miles for the year. Ignore my Velo viewer total as that includes running.

I've done 759 miles so far this year. Need another 250. Just a little behind on progress. Hopefully will keep cycling during the winter months.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Wow. Very impressive. My target is 1000 miles for the year. Ignore my Velo viewer total as that includes running.

I've done 759 miles so far this year. Need another 250. Just a little behind on progress. Hopefully will keep cycling during the winter months.

Thanks Harv - It helps that I sometimes do 80 miles a week commuting to work!
Good Luck reaching your goal!!!

Good Morning All

I just noticed on yesterday's ride I passed 2,000 miles for the year! http://www.strava.com/athlete/calendar/2014
My Original Target was 5,000 for the year v 4,300 actual 2013 - However being off the bike thru injury March to June scuppered that! Im now aiming to finish the year on 3,000 miles so need to do 333 per month now. Hopefully should get there!

Anyone braving the weather today Good Luck!!!
Is beautiful sunshine here today, even my oh has cycled to work this morning!

Effyb4

Veteran
Bucketing it down with rain here :rain:. I can't see me getting out today, although I might go out for a walk later if the rain lets up at all.

Learnincurve

Dear diary. Last week I norked my foot so decided to take it easy for a few days. Decided to walk the 3 or so miles for a meeting today instead of taking the bike so put on me smart favourite jeans. They do not fit. Not because I have put on or lost weight in the usual areas but because my thighs have grown. I suppose this is a yay! for cycling but somewhat of a booooo for my wardrobe because now half of it won't fit.

Top Bottom