Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out again early this morning on the new to me TCR, had a quick 14 miles last night after raising the saddle and putting some spd peddles on so I could try it.

This morning felt good until I got to an hours ride and I could not feel my fingers in both hands and it was painful , managed to finish my ride but will need sorting before I do any distance
2018_08_06_18.18.04.png

This mornings ride was a lot better after a few tweaks to the bike yesyerday

2018_08_08_08.13.54.png

JhnBssll

Veteran
Chuffed with myself after this weeks effort; 119 miles so far, 74.4 of them were this morning :okay: Both of those figures are personal bests, if only by a few miles :laugh:

I'm now gearing up for the biggest challenge to date; an imperial century in two weeks time :ohmy: 100.7 miles, 4000ft of climbing and to add insult to injury its now unsupported as the team they had organising the sportive have pulled out so it's a club run event now with no rest stops :sad: I might have to drive out the night before and stash some supplies along the route :laugh: I've pretty much decided I'm leaving the Bianchi at home for this one and taking the Roubaix, it's just better equipped for climbs and longer duration rides. I best get the brakes bled properly and take it for a test ride as it hasn't been out since its recent overhaul :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
Chuffed with myself after this weeks effort; 119 miles so far, 74.4 of them were this morning :okay: Both of those figures are personal bests, if only by a few miles :laugh:

I'm now gearing up for the biggest challenge to date; an imperial century in two weeks time :ohmy: 100.7 miles, 4000ft of climbing and to add insult to injury its now unsupported as the team they had organising the sportive have pulled out so it's a club run event now with no rest stops :sad: I might have to drive out the night before and stash some supplies along the route :laugh: I've pretty much decided I'm leaving the Bianchi at home for this one and taking the Roubaix, it's just better equipped for climbs and longer duration rides. I best get the brakes bled properly and take it for a test ride as it hasn't been out since its recent overhaul :laugh:
Good luck with the imperial ton . Steady pace and you should be fine . Can you find a cafe on route search cafe network . You will need a bit of time off the bike and proper food . Keep us undated

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene

Flippin' 'eck, chapeau that man!

I've done a few hundreds myself and I would say heed 13rider's wise words. I like to take a bag of treats with me to give myself a reward every ten miles, or the top of that next hill, or whatever. I'm sure you already know that you also need to keep fluid intake going as well.

All the best, and as 13 says, let us know the result.:okay:

Did not manage to ride early this morning due to rain ,so just done a quick 15 miles after work , I also had my first clip less moment 100 yards from home after my ride ,came to a junction car coming from the right I stopped and forgot to unclipped and just fell over ,good job my pals were not out side the pub having a smoke
2018_08_13_18.06.51.png

T675Rich

I am a total cycling noob and very overweight so I'm not going to be sharing any amazingly high mileages but this morning was the first time I have managed to make it all the way to work without having to walk. I finally made it up the hill that has been stopping me doing it since I started. Not much quicker than walking it but I'm happy.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am a total cycling noob and very overweight so I'm not going to be sharing any amazingly high mileages but this morning was the first time I have managed to make it all the way to work without having to walk. I finally made it up the hill that has been stopping me doing it since I started. Not much quicker than walking it but I'm happy.

Well done.

JhnBssll

Veteran

Well done, that's a great achievement! You must be pretty pleased with that :becool: Keep up the good work :okay:

tom73

Guru

Well done just keep going it will get easier one day at a time. Don't matter how long it take you reach the end the fact is you can do it.
Go nice and steady and enjoy the little victory's. :okay: As with most thing's you will have the odd s..t day on the bike (we all have them)
All you do is remember the good rides and you soon get back on the saddle :smile:

Top Bottom