Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoons47

I am a total cycling noob and very overweight so I'm not going to be sharing any amazingly high mileages but this morning was the first time I have managed to make it all the way to work without having to walk. I finally made it up the hill that has been stopping me doing it since I started. Not much quicker than walking it but I'm happy.

Fantastic. That’s amazing, I’m a newbie too but the milestones keep coming and they will for you too. Just wait till those endorphins kick in.
Onwards and Upwards (unless it’s downhill :wacko:)

tom73

Guru
Fantastic. That’s amazing, I’m a newbie too but the milestones keep coming and they will for you too. Just wait till those endorphins kick in.
Onwards and Upwards (unless it’s downhill :wacko:)

As a Newbie I 2rd this

Yesterday's morning ride , not as far as normal but the mornings are a little darker so time before work is getting shorter .
Had a bike fit the night before and felt a lot more comfortable on this ride
2018_08_16_05.53.16.png

tom73

Guru
Well this evening ride was different. Light weight me + carbon frame / strong cross winds = fun times.
With that and a bit of rain and fading light I thought not a good idea to go full out on the tops. So doubled back home. Not quite 22 i was hoping for still got just over 18. But claimed a few PR on Strava so still a happy newbie and the hills are getting quicker too. :okay:

Spoons47

Well this evening ride was different. Light weight me + carbon frame / strong cross winds = fun times.
With that and a bit of rain and fading light I thought not a good idea to go full out on the tops. So doubled back home. Not quite 22 i was hoping for still got just over 18. But claimed a few PR on Strava so still a happy newbie and the hills are getting quicker too. :okay:

Strava is like red wine, addictive ^_^

tom73

Guru
;)
Strava is like red wine, addictive ^_^

Don’t know about that one wine is not my thing. Only had my element 2 weeks so only just getting full use out of Strava. Still on free account not paid yet addictive not sure it’s not like it’s one of 1st things I do when I get home ;)

Spoons47

Don’t think I will be paying, free version is just as good giving you all the stats you need. I’ll give up the red wine when I can afford a carbon frame! Maybe next year :rolleyes:

tom73

Guru
Don’t think I will be paying, free version is just as good giving you all the stats you need. I’ll give up the red wine when I can afford a carbon frame! Maybe next year :rolleyes:

Hehe must have got something right the other week I had all on to get it back from LBS the 2 mechanic’s had taken a right shine to it.

Top Bottom