So who's too blame ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I am blaming Hamilton

10 second penalty is not much

I agree. He had no call to try and squeeze in where he did.

1626620004556.png

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
10 secs penalty, he got very, very lucky.
Certainly is

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I don't care for F1 really but I'm flicking through several sports this afternoon and I'm still dying with laughter at catching Croft interviewing Otmar Szafnauer about the accident but losing audio for a second...
Otmar: "Can you hear me?"
Crofty: "Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango".

Cue a confused Otmar.

🤣

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I was trying to get to Swindon, via Oxford, down the A43 and it was closed due to the Grand Prix and I had to divert via Buckingham!

Who's to blame? 🤔

If it's like my neck of the woods (witch you know well) it's the Open golf championships. Possibly one of the worst venues to get 40 odd thousands of people to down very narrow local lanes through a tiny little town.

Drago

Legendary Member
Hamilton.

At the point of impact Max was substantially ahead and pulling forward at a decent rate as he had the line, so the rules clearly defer to him in that scenario without any qualification. In that regard its quite clear cut.

It almost looks like Hamilton was deliberately steering into him, but I don't think thats the case. I suspect he was understeering, on the wrong, dirty line, with a late entry and apex so inevitably heading for an early exit, and was working the wheel a little to try and compensate.

One irksome thing is the level of punishment. While I'm sure it was not deliverate, it was nevertheless a serious impact for Verstappen. Aside from losing the championship leader the opportunity to win any points he has written off a rival teams car. I doubt much will be salvageable from that, and at a time of budget caps thats a big issue for teams as it then compromises the budget they have left for in season development, something which Red Bull do a lot of.

That being the case, the penalty should reflect the effect it had on the innocent party. He should have been disqualified, the only punishment that is commensurate with the effects of the crime.

He got off pretty lightly, all things considered.

Top Bottom