Stuffing a tyre with grass.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
The problem with using mice is that the squelching gets annoying after a while...

Punkawallah

Über Member
Have had a (first hand) account of tying a knot in each end of an inner tube at the puncture, then inflating the tube. Reportedly better than walking it, but needed 'topping up'. On reflection, he reckoned would have been an idea to add something to fill the 'gap', and tone down the bump :-)

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I did it once, I was 5 miles from home. Me and my mate stuffed my rear tyre with moss. It went well and would probably have lasted had I not gone down a steep hill at 20mph. The moss compacted itself into one area of the tyre (due to the speed) and I did the last 4 miles feeling like I had square wheels. So yes it can work if you take it really slow

C R

Guru
Hamsters would be better as they enjoy spinning in a wheel...
And hence will aid propulsion, much like a motor would.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A few grass snakes would be better. They are sort of inner tube shaped and four or five knotted together should cover the circumference of the rim.

And no one would care when you got home and pulled a load of dead snakes from inside the tyre. Try that with hamsters and some whining busybody would be bound to call the police.
Even if you get the occasional dead hamster, bit of water, sugar, 20 minutes on a pan, instant dutch flower fertiliser

Or Tulips from Hamster Jam...

Top Bottom