Tech advancements in cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Feck that.
@fossyant on a roll! Yesterday's Euphimism of the Day winner, and now Post of the Day winner! Well done Sir!

51YN2cpwfHL._AC_UL675_SR528,675_.jpg

ExBrit

Über Member
Ive got two good lungs and a pair of legs. Maybe when I'm 90 and have 1 leg.

E-bikes are crutches for the weak. If you truly cannot ride a bicycle then by all means buy one. But here in California I'm constantly pestered by 12 year olds riding 200lb "e-bikes" at 30mph down the bike path. We had to lobby hard to get our safe zones and they're being turned into freeways by bloody e-bikes. There's a whole generation who think they're getting exercise by twisting their wrists and zooming along.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
E-bikes are crutches for the weak. If you truly cannot ride a bicycle then by all means buy one. But here in California I'm constantly pestered by 12 year olds riding 200lb "e-bikes" at 30mph down the bike path. We had to lobby hard to get our safe zones and they're being turned into freeways by bloody e-bikes. There's a whole generation who think they're getting exercise by twisting their wrists and zooming along.

Different rules in Europe and UK. They are supposed to be pedalled and limited to 15.5mph. Yeh we've got the dodgy ones too.

ExBrit

Über Member
Different rules in Europe and UK. They are supposed to be pedalled and limited to 15.5mph. Yeh we've got the dodgy ones too.

I really wish we had the same rules in the US but the bloody bill of rights makes it impossible to get any sensible restrictions on behavior passed through Congress. BTW Have you ever noticed what the opposite of Progress is ????

vickster

Legendary Member
I really wish we had the same rules in the US but the bloody bill of rights makes it impossible to get any sensible restrictions on behavior passed through Congress. BTW Have you ever noticed what the opposite of Progress is ????

You have pretty strict speed limits for cars though :scratch:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Up to you of course but it's not an either/or. You can potentially ride further...
I have a 250 mile event this weekend and 27hrs max to complete it.

Having said that an e-cargo-bike would be useful for local fetching & carrying.

ExBrit

Über Member

Good luck on your 400k brevet. I try to complete them in 20 hours but it has become quite challenging these past few years. I will avoid an e-bike until I can no longer complete a 200k. I'm sure if I bought one my form would deteriorate rapidly.

Dadam

Fantastic, hope it goes well.
I think we’re talking about somewhat different levels of cycling though. Personally I suspect it may be too late for me to build up that level of endurance, especially given I have no desire to ever ride that far in one go.

So maybe it should be people like me can ride further than they otherwise would.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Fantastic, hope it goes well.
I think we’re talking about somewhat different levels of cycling though. Personally I suspect it may be too late for me to build up that level of endurance, especially given I have no desire to ever ride that far in one go.

So maybe it should be people like me can ride further than they otherwise would.
Well, don't forget to lay off the booze on Friday evening so you feel up to coming along on my incredibly easy 100 km ride from Garforth on Saturday! :okay:

Here Downunda yoofs terrorise the rest of us on e-scooters which travel at high speeds.

gzoom

Über Member
......and in my day life was better in every way:smile:.

eBikes, eScooters is the future. I remeber when the AOL seemed to think they 'owned' the whole Internet.

I personally love change of any kind, the status quo always gets boring for me, the past is fine to remember, but trying to imagine the future is far more exciting.

I'm surprised some one living in the Califorina doesn't get eBikes. If I had another shot at life, digital tech is the field I would go down, and SoCal where I would want to live out my days :smile:

Top Bottom