Tell me about your day......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Stressful playtime outside this morning, when the other two staff who were meant to be on duty didn't turn up! One was at home with poorly child and the other was on a course and forgot to swap with anyone. Had to bang on a classroom door to get someone else to come out with me.
After school I did my first Infant Book Club of the year, the children enjoyed The Very Busy Spider and The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle, followed by some colouring activities. Next week I'm dressing up as The Jolly Postman for world book day and will be arriving on my red vintage bike,( hope it doesn't rain) we will act out the story in book club if I have time to finish the doors and letter boxes.
House to myself this evening as husband on late shifts this week. I had eggy bread, cleaned the bathroom, chatted with daughter on Skype, chatted on cc, put out the bins, researched Winstanleys bike shop on here as I'm looking at a bike there on Saturday, played a game of sudoko online, had my turn in Lexulous, and wondered how I ever had time to do anything when the family were all here.

I remember jolly Postman. Amazing!! Plus eggy bread is pretty awesome too. I'm hoping weather improves from now on :-(

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Eggy bread??

Up here we call it French Toast, no idea really as the average French person probably wouldn't touch it with a sh*tty stick, but, hey ho, there you go.

classic33

Leg End Member
4am alarm, drove an hour to work, did my 8hrs penance. Beer & pizza for tea. Setting alarm now for 0320 tomorrow. Anyone want a wake-up call ?

Thought not :dry:
Not been seen since half seven yesterday evening. Alarm wasn't set right.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Up at 0530 for 0700 start at work (HGV shift for a client through agency). Arrived to be told night shift running late so go away, come back at 0800.
Back at 0800 to find still no sign of night shift, who finally turn up 0900. Hide the Glasgow Celtic teddy bear which the regular driver keeps in the windscreen, then leave the yard at 0930 with a full load of cardboard for a packaging company in Devol, Port Glasgow (I can never escape that place @Bobby Mhor !). Driving for this lot again:
th

Back to base in Hillington for 1200 to be told my afternoon run to Dunfermline is cancelled, so no longer needed.
Go home and consider getting bike out until a sudden heavy shower of rain/sleet/snow blown on by strong winds makes me reconsider.
A lazy afternoon instead, followed by a double helping of Europa league football.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Up at 0530 for 0700 start at work (HGV shift for a client through agency). Arrived to be told night shift running late so go away, come back at 0800.
Back at 0800 to find still no sign of night shift, who finally turn up 0900. Hide the Glasgow Celtic teddy bear which the regular driver keeps in the windscreen, then leave the yard at 0930 with a full load of cardboard for a packaging company in Devol, Port Glasgow (I can never escape that place @Bobby Mhor !). Driving for this lot again:
th

Back to base in Hillington for 1200 to be told my afternoon run to Dunfermline is cancelled, so no longer needed.
Go home and consider getting bike out until a sudden heavy shower of rain/sleet/snow blown on by strong winds makes me reconsider.
A lazy afternoon instead, followed by a double helping of Europa league football.

@Brandane Hope you weren't the eejit who flew by me as I made the shrub beds pretty along Dubbs Rd....
we were doing maintenance work in those bed areas...
Devol ?
the name relates to what it sounds like
'Devil'

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane Hope you weren't the eejit who flew by me as I made the shrub beds pretty along Dubbs Rd....

I was in Dubbs Road! :ohmy:
About 1120, came out of Drummond packaging and was heading for the Clune Brae. Wasn't flying though :smile:.

gbb

Legendary Member
Repaired some pump up pallet trucks...came within an inch of smashing my knee with a lump hammer, they're horrible things to fix, everythings rusty and seized, you have to batter everything to get it to move.

I agree, knees are a real pain in the leg to get to work properly......

Even as i wrote that, it did occur to me you could read it either way :tongue:

F70100

Who, me ?
Not been seen since half seven yesterday evening. Alarm wasn't set right.

Been getting my beauty sleep, and I did get up at 0320. No internet in my office though - just nipped out for a breather. Still not finished; still another 3 hours to go....

Top Bottom