That time of the year is coming fast!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
10 miles is 16km, 10km is 6 miles. Simply divide whatever units you have by ten then multiply by the corresponding number. Makes the conversion really quick and simple maths.
sorry - maths never my strong point but don't understand.
What's the "corresponding number"?
ie 16km - divide by 10 = 1.6km.
Then multiply by what "corresponding number"?

rivers

How far can I go?
That would be the obvious thing to do but I won't for the following reasons:
- It would spoil the look of the bike.
- I only ride in dry weather if I can help it.
- I couldn't be bothered putting them on and taking them off in spring.

Just get some clip on mudguards. they take about 2 minutes to fit. I use them for my winter bike, which is also my gravel/off road bike. In the summer, they are mostly off the bike, unless it rains. Then I just fit them as I prep my bike for work in the morning.

So you prefer the oh so classy shoot stripe up your arse and back if you do have to ride in the rain :laugh:
rather reminds me of the nit in camberwell who very close passed me without warning a few weeks ago. Almost threw me under a bus. A bell, he told me, wouldn't suit the bike.

er
which, miraculously, gives you the number you first thought of (and divided by ten) - 16.
rather than the correct answer in miles of 10.
Am I going mad?

edit - you have changed the 10 you said upthread to 6 which would give you 9.6.
But where did you pull the 6 from?
How is it a corrresponding number?
Corresponding to what?
Am I really going mad?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
rather reminds me of the nit in camberwell who very close passed me without warning a few weeks ago. Almost threw me under a bus. A bell, he told me, wouldn't suit the bike.
He could've shouted presumably?
Was it raining and did you this also get covered by crap spraying up from his mudguardless bike (the stuff that didn't attach to his own backside obviously)

He could've shouted presumably?
Was it raining and did you this also get covered by crap spraying up from his mudguardless bike (the stuff that didn't attach to his own backside obviously)
No, he said nothing - the bizarre think is that - so crazy was his behaviour - I initially apologised, thinking that I had pulled out in front of him - I hadn't, I had just - good practice - looked over my shoulder and found him there, narrowly avoiding a serious potentially fatal fall.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
So you prefer the oh so classy shoot stripe up your arse and back if you do have to ride in the rain :laugh:
Because I very very rarely get caught in the rain, I am prepared to take the chance on that.:okay:

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
The only time I really get for recreational cycling is early weekend mornings so thats probably it for me until next spring. I dont really enjoy it when its cold/wet/windy or dark. Still commute although thats on the hybrid rather than the roadie. I will probably extend a few commutes home to keep up the fitness but thats about all.

Top Bottom