1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Discussion in 'CycleChat Monthly Challenges' started by Rob S, 26 Dec 2007.

1. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One.....

@ianrauk can you explain how you get your heatmap thingy to work? I've clicked the link to jonathanokeefe but nowt happening. It's probably a PinC issue...
  2. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Link goes to the (blank) front page. You need http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/map.php
    BromyG and cosmicbike like this.
  3. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One.....

4. rb58

rb58 Enigma

Bexley, Kent
    Just over a week to go - still a few to get a February qualifier in the bag.
    Dogtrousers and Mark Grant like this.
  5. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Barmy in Barming
    redfalo likes this.
  6. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.

Hanworth, Middx.
    Chilly day today. Because of the NE wind I thought I'd ride into it for the outward leg so headed north & east out towards Chelmsford then back though the center of London. A very large chunk of this ride was well within the M25, so lots of traffic and traffic lights! Consequently quite a slow ride.
    Did I mention it was cold!
  7. BromyG

BromyG Well-Known Member

Deepest Essex
    Just posted my 2nd century! Hard work today in the cold and wind, but my last chance to get it completed!
    Good to also chat with fellow cyclists on the Woolwich Ferry and to meet a fellow Friday rider! ^_^
  8. BromyG

BromyG Well-Known Member

Deepest Essex
  9. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Barmy in Barming
    With @redfalo completing his epic ride. We have a 100% rate still in on the challenge. March is just around the corner.
    rb58, redfalo, Lilliburlero and 4 others like this.
  10. The ice and snow had ( almost ) all gone. So I sneaked an imperial ton in. It started as a club ride, so the early pace was way too high for a typical LSD ride. I knew I was in trouble at about 80 miles, fuelling wise, but as luck would have it, just as I hit empty, there was a ‘one stop’ ( a small convenience type store) at the top of the hill. I managed to re stock my food supplies, and cracked on for the last leg. It’s a good job that shop was there, or it would have been game over. March ton done, that’s all the dark months finished, now for the lighter longer days
  11. Aravis

Aravis White-Haired Trundler

March is done, a largely undemanding circuit through the southern Cotswolds and the upper valley of the Bristol Avon. The remnants of huge snowdrifts were everywhere, of course, and much evidence of snowplough activity, but the only point where a road was impassable was a flooded railway bridge near Wootton Bassett. That spoilt things a bit - I'd carefully planned my route to be 131 miles, the smallest number where I don't have a GPS-recorded ride. The final distance was 133 miles, also a "new" number :smile:

Apart from a few moments when the sun came through it still felt much more like winter than spring. But it was nice to finish in full daylight for the first time this year.
  12. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

13. March done. Not been on my bike for three weeks and found to my shame that I didnt clean it after the Hell of the Ashdown. Oh well, it's really filthy now.

I rode just over 100k of @Trickedem 's very pleasant forthcoming audax Medway Marvellous. I rode out to Eynsford to pick up the route and bailed at Nettlestead and made my way to Sevenoaks for the train home.

There are still patches of snow on the North Downs (Pilgrims Way)
    Aravis, HLaB, Supersuperleeds and 7 others like this.
  14. Trickedem

Trickedem Veteran

I was up nice and early yesterday to do my Century, only to discover that my bottom bracket had seized.

Luckily I had a spare and I knew what I was doing. The first time I did this I ended up tightening the cups first and then had massive problems removing them. This time I was delayed for about 30 minutes. I was doing some route planning for the Audax I am organising in May, so this was a bit of a loopy sort of ride to try out some different roads.

My route took me out on to the Isle of Grain. Fortunately the winds were kind to me this time. I then headed up into the North Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Hill!
    I had a quick coffee break at Lullingstone Country Park, which set me up for the rest of the ride. This was the first long ride for a few months when it has stayed dry and wasn't freezing cold. The sun even came out towards the end.

15. 13 rider

13 rider Veteran