The Meaning of Cycling Liff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Gobbins - This is the member of the cycling club who, when turning up for the early Sunday morning ride, has to shout conversation at the top of their voice, thus ensuring that every resident of the quiet little village designated as this week’s meeting point, is wide awake 3 hours before they wanted to be.

The Gobbins will also bawl CLEAR when navigating every junction on the ride, even though, at that time on a Sunday morning the next vehicle won’t be along for hours.

The Gobbins usually has the loudest freewheel on the planet and likes to build up enough speed on the approach to each village to enable him/her to freewheel all the way through, just in case there are no junctions.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Chickerell - a rider who breezes effortlessly past you with a cheery wave (usually riding a Brompton or BSO) who then almost immediately turns off your route so they can hide behind a wall and have a heart attack out of sight.
Thats me 😅

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Bootle - your bottle but on the boxing day ride.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The Gobbins - This is the member of the cycling club who, when turning up for the early Sunday morning ride, has to shout conversation at the top of their voice, thus ensuring that every resident of the quiet little village designated as this week’s meeting point, is wide awake 3 hours before they wanted to be.

The Gobbins will also bawl CLEAR when navigating every junction on the ride, even though, at that time on a Sunday morning the next vehicle won’t be along for hours.

The Gobbins usually has the loudest freewheel on the planet and likes to build up enough speed on the approach to each village to enable him/her to freewheel all the way through, just in case there are no junctions.
Too many of these about....

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
Buttertubs Pass: An overtake by somebody lardier than you. As in; I came up behind this skinny Whippet and have him a Buttertubs....
Alternative usage; this lardy guy went By me and gave me the full Buttertubs (or Buttertubbed me)....

Ha, this reminded me of a segment near me called Grey Pubes TUFF Guy Jumping Lights.

Top Bottom