The sudden realisation of getting older lol :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Being in my 50's i've found that you're neither regarded as being young enough or being old enough. It's what i call my transitional period. Those in their 40's and below see you as too old to join in their activities and those in their 60's and above see you as too young to join in theirs. Not only that but 'the system' thinks that way too. 50 plus year old's aren't eligible for free bus passes,free tv licenses,10% off at B&Q etc and we're still expected work as hard as those half our age. I read once that men in their 50's are the most depressed of all the different groups in society. I can see why!:headshake:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh god, Im a year and 2 months off 50. I'm even more depressed reading that. Better get me another fast bike. Im no good for fast women.... too old.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's only younger people who get worked up about getting older. As an "old" person, according to this thread, I can promise it's fine. No issues, stay healthy, retire as soon as you can and enjoy life. The 60s are wonderful.

I have friends ranging in age from 27 to 76. We might banter about age but none of us take it in any way seriously. The younger people don't see the older ones any differently, we're all simply friends.

Last edited:

GM

Legendary Member
Having to get up in the night to do a jimmy riddle, was for me about 10 years ago.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I realised I was an old fart ish (I'm 42) when my hair started falling out on top of my head. Then it was not knowing who was in the UK 40 charts. Finally when I bollocked the missus for breaking the 70mph limit.

Top Bottom