Things or people that annoy you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
or basically.

Well, just think yourself lucky that you aren't in the U.S where everything is either Awesome or it Sucks. :wacko:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
People who can't say a simple sentence without saying 'you know' three times you know?

I was listening to an American tourist talking on a phone a while back, and virtually every second word he said was 'like'.

I wanted to, like, punch him after like, a couple of, like, minutes :blush:

Then again, there is the Scottish one where everything is prefixed by

'Em.....' :whistle:

pepecat

It's not just Americans who use 'like' all the time. I hear a lot of students do it too. It's like, really, like annoying when i'm trying to like, put books on the shelf.

I do find Americans abroad kinda annoying. In france or switzerland (for example) they make no attempt to speak and french or german, they just speak very loudly in english in the hope that will get them attention. It's ok if you don't speak the language fluently, or even at all really, but at least make some effort to have a go - start the conversation in french and then go into english. Ok, lots of british people are also crap at doing that........ Make that 'english speakers abroad'......

compo

Veteran
People from Cumberland who can't even make a straight sausage.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
It's not just Americans who use 'like' all the time. I hear a lot of students do it too. It's like, really, like annoying when i'm trying to like, put books on the shelf.

I do find Americans abroad kinda annoying. In france or switzerland (for example) they make no attempt to speak and french or german, they just speak very loudly in english in the hope that will get them attention. It's ok if you don't speak the language fluently, or even at all really, but at least make some effort to have a go - start the conversation in french and then go into english. Ok, lots of british people are also crap at doing that........ Make that 'english speakers abroad'......
On a related note: People who go abroad and expect it to be exactly the same as at home. Two examples:

Visiting Majorca I was in a restaraunt and overheard a lady at a neighbouring table moaning that she never thought it was going to be this hot and that "you can't get roast beef and Yorkshire pudding anywhere".

Visiting the Harbour Centre Tower in Vancouver the American couple in front of us expected to pay in US Dollars. After checking with her boss the cashier accepted but charged them US$22. The entry fee was $11 Canadian.

colly

Re member eR
People who will struggle for ages to squeeze into a parking space rather than parking 20 yards away where there is 101 completely free spaces.

And while I'm on the subject, tw*ts who park in bays for disabled drivers when they are not themselves disabled.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You've met everyone there then! When in America I've found most folk I meet to be nice people.

To be fair, a lot of Americans I know on several other Internet forums do genuinely seem to be clued up about World Politics and current affairs.

Just don't talk to them about climate change though, doh!

Last year we were in Pompeii, and the quote of the day without question was from an American teenage girl, who was looking at all the different murals and uttered the words in a true American drawl

'Gee! But it's all in Latin!'

Doh!

Top Bottom