Things or people that annoy you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It was me being referred to, er, I think! :whistle:

I'd used the word in 14 posts out of nearly 10,000 over 4.5 years, before yesterday using it a 15th time, jokingly.

Methinks you doth protest too much methinks.

pepecat

Visiting Majorca I was in a restaraunt and overheard a lady at a neighbouring table moaning that she never thought it was going to be this hot and that "you can't get roast beef and Yorkshire pudding anywhere".
It's mad! Someone i know went to Rome for a weekend, and ate in Planet Hollywood the whole time cos 'they knew the food'. It's Italy!!! Home of amazing food (some of it anyway). So we eat chinese / indian / italian food here in the UK, but do we eat italian food IN italy?......

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
About 10 years ago, I went on a college trip to Madrid.

I seem to remember we spent half the time in an O'Neils Irish pub, which to me defeated the purpose entirely.

Good Guinness though.

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
It's mad! Someone i know went to Rome for a weekend, and ate in Planet Hollywood the whole time cos 'they knew the food'. It's Italy!!! Home of amazing food (some of it anyway). So we eat chinese / indian / italian food here in the UK, but do we eat italian food IN italy?......
People who go to spain like Benidorm etc and come back and tell you how good their holiday was due to how good the English bars and food are,Culture anyone?

gbb

Legendary Member
George Galloway
Oh gawld yes....i'm with you on that one.

Vanessa Feltz as well...jesus that sickly sweet non stop wordiness that comes out of her mouth, i'm getting annoyed just thinking about her.

gbb

Legendary Member
Having read some previous posts, radio DJs, Steve Wright, who i don't mind too much, but he has this annoying habit of making a play on words, then saying to his co-presenters
'did you see what i did there ?'

Yes Steve, very good, give yourself a pat on the back...oh sorry, you already did :whistle:

gbb

Legendary Member
Sylvester Stallone...:gun:

FFS, just when youve finally forgotten he even existed, they go and start another re run of the Rocky films.
Crap actor, crap films, annoying face, annoying voice.... never in a million years will understand why his films were so popular.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The need to add some thumping great piece of rock music over a YouTube film. Please, JUST LEAVE IT!

Conversely, music that makes you want to

A. Reach for the sick bucket

or

B. Slit your wrists.

Sometimes less really IS more!

Oh, and RUDDY POPUPS!!

The moron who decided that lichen should be pronounced with a hard i and a k rather than a ch. Now all the naturlistic types are saying it and it realy gets my goat:cursing:.

Edit: I have since discovered that it is the yanks who pronounce lichen liken. Can't understand why all our telly naturlists seem to think that is the correct pronunciation though. Think I will send a strongly worded Email to Springwatch.

Top Bottom