Things or people that annoy you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Text speak infuriates me immensely.
If you can't be arsed to type English, then I can't be arsed to decipher it.
I don't like text speak where there is no need for it, such as posting on CycleChat.

If I am running out of characters when texting, I will resort to a limited amount of text speak to avoid a message stretching over 2 texts because I am on a tight budget and PAYG. My phone doesn't auto-capitalise so I also stick to lower-case.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Oh, it's OK in texts.
It's on here it gets my goat.
It doesn't even annoy me that intensely, I just don't like it.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
They might do these days, but they didn't when we woz lads! Here's the proof ...

Well stone me, I had no idea!

Oh, it's OK in texts.
It's on here it gets my goat.
It doesn't even annoy me that intensely, I just don't like it.

wt r u on abt??

It annoys me too, mainly because it seems to take me at least twice as long just to read and work out.
That is the nature of the English language though, it is constantly evolving, and not always for the better!

colly

Re member eR
You need one of these at the end of his name...
12971865_c1ac56da13_s.jpg
:biggrin:
And doesn't that just go to show how desperately sad it is that this vital education resource has been lost to the nation ?

Attachments

• 12971865_c1ac56da13_s.jpg
    12971865_c1ac56da13_s.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 29

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
My friends son, who will spin off the top of a bottle of pop (any kind of pop) take a sip (with the slurrrp sound), spin the top back on, swill the pop in his mouth through his teeth about three times (like you do with a mouth wash) and swallows it, then repeat the same process again and again and again none stop :cursing:

Try watching a sports event or a film on TV, you've been invited up to watch, while this is going on right next to you :banghead:

jim55

Guru
Only cos most English can't say loch properly lol ,, if it's ch it's generally like cheese or chocolate , but put lo in front and it's different , gets your gutteral pronounciation goin , another local one , there's a place just outside Glasgow called milngavie but pronounced milgAYE!!! You can tell a non local

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Only cos most English can't say loch properly lol ,, if it's ch it's generally like cheese or chocolate , but put lo in front and it's different , gets your gutteral pronounciation goin , another local one , there's a place just outside Glasgow called milngavie but pronounced milgAYE!!! You can tell a non local

I'm Not talking about English people, I'm talking about locals who really should know better.

Oh yes, and As well as Milngavie, there is the likes of Queenzieburn, Strathaven and Chatlerault, he he.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've heard some interesting suggestions for Ballachulish! (My mum and her side of my family came from near there.)

I'd be willing to bet that 95% of English visitors and at least 50% of Scots can't pronounce Gaelic place names correctly!

Top Bottom