This really annoyed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
He could have done many things, but the outcome was fine so why would you want to worry about how he handled it? The cyclist did nothing wrong all through the vid and I thought was quite restrained in his words and gestures! Still a debate about nothing to be honest.
So why defend it if its nothing?

col

Legendary Member
Would any of you really have predicted the bus pulling out? And if You had not predicted it would you really have stopped right in the pinch spot?
No prediction needed, it was the only thing there.

col

Legendary Member
So you realise that I didn't deliberately exacerbate the situation to get a good clip? Thanks.

You know, I'm quite a fan of arguing, but only when both sides have a decent argument to make. I do think you're arguing with me just for the sake of it, and know full well that the bus driver shouldn't have pulled out.
The bus did what it did, I would have done things difrently had I come across this cycling.

col

Legendary Member
Then again, the OP could have stayed at home and not ventured out. Or ventured out with the protection of a car (if he has a car) - but both seem rather extreme ways to deal with other people's dangerous behaviour. Surely it's better to address the bus driver's behaviour, as the person who introduced the danger in this situation - unless you think it good to accept bullying, of course....
Touche^_^

col

Legendary Member
And the bus driver could have not pulled out, placing me in danger.
I don't accept that I made the situation worse. I have already stated that I slowed down and pulled over as much as possible.

If I had absolutely slammed the anchors on I might have been able to stop before the line of cars.
Ah but you didnt slow as much as possible, you didnt slow much at all, untill nearly next to the bus coming the other way;)

col

Legendary Member
Nope, no work for me today!
Nor I :wahhey:

Have some people not got work to do? 8 pages of rubbish posted this morning.

Just what i was thinking.
Nice to see several people mirroring my views about slowing down when appropriate.

People fall into a false sense of security when they drive/ride for months/years/decades with no
problems, then one day it all goes *bang*

Just remember, a cycle helmet will not stop you landing on your front teeth and breaking your neck.

col

Legendary Member
Just what i was thinking.
Nice to see several people mirroring my views about slowing down when appropriate.

People fall into a false sense of security when they drive/ride for months/years/decades with no
problems, then one day it all goes *bang*

Just remember, a cycle helmet will not stop you landing on your front teeth and breaking your neck.
Checking tyre pressure could help?;)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Wide angle lenses don't show how much a cyclist slowed down. I noticed this last night with a video i'm making of an old incident. I added a speedo with data taken from my GPS unit and i'm surprised how much I slowed down and when I started.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Have some people not got work to do? 8 pages of rubbish posted this morning.
duty_calls.png

http://xkcd.com/386/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom