This really annoyed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
No, don't flatter yourself, I meant "my benefit" as in what I gained alongside others by taking part in the collective efforts to question your assertions.
How is that flattering myself? you assumed something, I pointed that out.^_^

Dan_h

You are right in this instance, Iv never said otherwise, why did you think that?

Of your jedi mind games is this one, hmm?

col

Legendary Member
If that was what I did, then I would say so. The fact is that wearing or not wearing a cam has no effect on my riding style.
I believe you, youve shown me how honest you are by admitting your cam film, :bravo:

Dan_h

Crazy place this. I am all for debate and a laugh, but I don't see what there is to debate. The vid clearly shows the cyclist was right and the bus driver was wrong. What is there to possibly debate about that? The cyclist acted fine and did not cause an accident or anything although he was unsurprisingly annoyed about it. Arguing about this is just arguing for the sake of it no amount of debate will change the fact that the bus driver was in the wrong.

col

Legendary Member
Crazy place this. I am all for debate and a laugh, but I don't see what there is to debate. The vid clearly shows the cyclist was right and the bus driver was wrong. What is there to possibly debate about that? The cyclist acted fine and did not cause an accident or anything although he was unsurprisingly annoyed about it. Arguing about this is just arguing for the sake of it no amount of debate will change the fact that the bus driver was in the wrong.
Here we go again .........^_^ He could have handled it differently though.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist

And the bus driver could have not pulled out, placing me in danger.
I don't accept that I made the situation worse. I have already stated that I slowed down and pulled over as much as possible.

If I had absolutely slammed the anchors on I might have been able to stop before the line of cars.

Lurker

Then again, the OP could have stayed at home and not ventured out. Or ventured out with the protection of a car (if he has a car) - but both seem rather extreme ways to deal with other people's dangerous behaviour. Surely it's better to address the bus driver's behaviour, as the person who introduced the danger in this situation - unless you think it good to accept bullying, of course....

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Oh come on, we are having a debate, and a laugh or two along the way. Iv been called that too:cheers:

So you realise that I didn't deliberately exacerbate the situation to get a good clip? Thanks.

You know, I'm quite a fan of arguing, but only when both sides have a decent argument to make. I do think you're arguing with me just for the sake of it, and know full well that the bus driver shouldn't have pulled out.

Dan_h

He could have done many things, but the outcome was fine so why would you want to worry about how he handled it? The cyclist did nothing wrong all through the vid and I thought was quite restrained in his words and gestures! Still a debate about nothing to be honest.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Would any of you really have predicted the bus pulling out? And if You had not predicted it would you really have stopped right in the pinch spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom