This really annoyed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
So you dont know then? your just guessing and making assumption?

There are 2 options:
1) the bus driver saw me but decided to pull out anyway. Bad driving.
2) the bus driver didn't see me. Bad observation (therefore bad driving)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was near enough to have to take evasive action!

The fact is that the road was not clear to proceed. It was obvious that I would be well into the line of parked cars before the bus had time to get back onto the correct side of the road, therefore he was wrong to do it.

And even more wrong to persist.

col

Legendary Member
There are 2 options:
1) the bus driver saw me but decided to pull out anyway. Bad driving.
2) the bus driver didn't see me. Bad observation (therefore bad driving)
So you seeing what was unfolding, and deciding to carry on is good cycling?

Dan_h

So you dont know then? your just guessing and making assumption?
I know the line of sight was clear (it is in the video) so I know that the bus driver was in a position where he could see the cyclist. I don't know if he did or not. But either way the fact that he could meant that he was wrong to pull out. The only possible way that the cyclist was not visible to that driver is if he was wearing some sort of urban camouflage or a cloak of invisibility. I am in fact making an assumption that he was not wearing either (which may be my mistake). We could ask him...

Dear OP,

Were you wearing urban camouflage or a cloak of invisibility during this incident?

Regards,

Dan.

If the answer to this is no then using my immense mind reading powers (or looking at the evidence presented in the video) it is clear that the cyclist was right and the bus driver was in the wrong.

col

Legendary Member
I know the line of sight was clear (it is in the video) so I know that the bus driver was in a position where he could see the cyclist. I don't know if he did or not. But either way the fact that he could meant that he was wrong to pull out. The only possible way that the cyclist was not visible to that driver is if he was wearing some sort of urban camouflage or a cloak of invisibility. I am in fact making an assumption that he was not wearing either (which may be my mistake). We could ask him...

Dear OP,

Were you wearing urban camouflage or a cloak of invisibility during this incident?

Regards,

Dan.

If the answer to this is no then using my immense mind reading powers (or looking at the evidence presented in the video) it is clear that the cyclist was right and the bus driver was in the wrong.
Well done, very astute of you to admit you could be wrong too.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
It was the bus driver that chose to bring the danger to that situation.
Are you having a laugh? You had time to wave and say thanks to the driver.
I suppose we should all dive out of the way of larger vehicles, perhaps tugging our forelock and apologising for inconveniencing them at all?
No but we should not put ourselves in danger. You need to change your riding style; you have posted similar incidents' Learn to ride sensibly and stop showboating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom