This really annoyed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan_h

I don't get it. The bus driver saw the cyclist and decided to pull out anyway. It does not really matter why, he should not have done. basically if it were a car he would not have done but he did. I think BenB was quite restrained as I think a good many riders would have had far more of a go about it.

My opinion is the bus driver is in the wrong 100% and the OP was right to be annoyed. Another case of someone surrounded by metal bullying their way past a cyclist. As for why did he do it? Who cares, there is no reason that makes it the right thing to do!

col

Legendary Member
You have made it perfectly clear that you believe the bus driver was OK to pull out into the road despite the fact that benb had to slow down and change course. You have then told him this when he asked the forelock tugging question.
you have a chip on your shoulder with larger vehicles progressing, and you having to slow or stop for them?
The twist on words here, is that the bus didnt make anything slow when it pulled out to overtake, your just making that up;) , tell me what slowed and changed course when the bus pulled out? There was nothing there? Or have I missed something?

Cubist

Still wavin'
The twist on words here, is that the bus didnt make anything slow when it pulled out to overtake, your just making that up;) , tell me what slowed and changed course when the bus pulled out? There was nothing there? Or have I missed something?

benb. You missed the bit here benb had to slow down and change course. That was caused by the bus. If you don't get that bit, all the rest of it is pointless.

Cubist

Still wavin'
You called him an absolute ****, yet you dont know the reason why he pulled out, just seems nasty when you dont know why?
No, I just called him an ordinary c*nt because I thought he was behaving like one. You're defending him without knowing what he's like, yet we have more evidence of c*ntness that grounds for beatification.

col

Legendary Member
I don't get it. The bus driver saw the cyclist and decided to pull out anyway. It does not really matter why, he should not have done. basically if it were a car he would not have done but he did. I think BenB was quite restrained as I think a good many riders would have had far more of a go about it.

My opinion is the bus driver is in the wrong 100% and the OP was right to be annoyed. Another case of someone surrounded by metal bullying their way past a cyclist. As for why did he do it? Who cares, there is no reason that makes it the right thing to do!
Ah so your a mind reader too? How do you come to the conclusion what the bus driver saw or could see? Id love to know, as it would stop loads of accidents knowing what others see. But then hang on, assumption is the muther of all farkups, and that seems to be the popular thing to do doesnt it? Although you cant be assuming, as you stated the bus driver saw, so you obviously know dont you.^_^

Reactions: akb
OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist

Er, me?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Ah so your a mind reader too? How do you come to the conclusion what the bus driver saw or could see? Id love to know, as it would stop loads of accidents knowing what others see. But then hang on, assumption is the muther of all ****ups, and that seems to be the popular thing to do doesnt it? Although you cant be assuming, as you stated the bus driver saw, so you obviously know dont you.^_^
But that's the point col. If he didn't see him that's just as inexcusable!

col

Legendary Member
benb. You missed the bit here benb had to slow down and change course. That was caused by the bus. If you don't get that bit, all the rest of it is pointless.
Oh sorry, you mean later on after the bus had pulled out and travelled up the road, when the cyclist decided to carry on too. Ah I see, your mistaking the two different times and places ^_^

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Ah so your a mind reader too? How do you come to the conclusion what the bus driver saw or could see? Id love to know, as it would stop loads of accidents knowing what others see. But then hang on, assumption is the muther of all ****ups, and that seems to be the popular thing to do doesnt it? Although you cant be assuming, as you stated the bus driver saw, so you obviously know dont you.^_^

If he did see me, then he's a bad driver for pulling out anyway. If he didn't see me, then, er, he's a bad driver for poor observation.

Dan_h

The line of sight from the cycle to the bus is unobstructed so the driver was certainly ABLE to see the cyclist. The other option is the bus driver did not see the cyclist, in which case he was not paying attention it is still 100% his fault and BenB was still right.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Oh sorry, you mean later on after the bus had pulled out and travelled up the road, when the cyclist decided to carry on too. Ah I see, your mistaking the two different times and places ^_^

This really is quite simple, and I can only assume you're being deliberately obtuse. Or trolling.

col

Legendary Member
The line of sight from the cycle to the bus is unobstructed so the driver was certainly ABLE to see the cyclist. The other option is the bus driver did not see the cyclist, in which case he was not paying attention it is still 100% his fault and BenB was still right.
So you dont know then? your just guessing and making assumption?

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
No, im sure you were nowhere near when the bus pulled out. You only got near when you met the bus halfway through the narrow.

I was near enough to have to take evasive action!

The fact is that the road was not clear to proceed. It was obvious that I would be well into the line of parked cars before the bus had time to get back onto the correct side of the road, therefore he was wrong to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom