Those Electric Cigarette Thingys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul99

Über Member
I agree with you, however, my worry is that Vaping will run alongside smoking, thus creating a whole bunch addicted to Nicotine. I don't care how "safe" nicotine is, it is still an addiction.
I have to agree with you because nicotine is addictive, but is it any more addictive than sugar? Is it going to create problems for society for people to be addicted to nicotine? I don't think it will and so therefore can't really see any problem with it.

Some of the advertising at the moment is glamorising Vaping, which is one thing I don't like. reminds me of the old cigarette ad's. For smokers wanting to reduce the amount they smoke, or to be used as a quitting aid they are great, but to promote them to none smokers as this cool new thing.... no.

There's the VIP "I want to put it in my mouth" .. oooeeeerrr and the then from British American Tobacco who are behind Vype we have

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quAMUXNeY6Y
This is a problem and is the reason that any proposed legislation against vapng has to be resisted. If big tobaco and big pharma get their way, the micro enterprises that are currently producing the liquids and selling the hardware in the UK are regulated or taxed out of existence then you will only be able to buy from big T and big P, and these are the guys with the vested interest in getting more and more people to use them with the budgets for these type of ads.

http://www.efvi.eu/#sign (cheeky link)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I started smoking, I didn't give the packaging, or tv/cinema advertisements a second glance. For me, it had nothing to do with being cool or not, or what other people thought, or peer pressure. I simply wanted to try a cigarette, and got hooked. The end

Peteaud

Veteran
I have to agree with you because nicotine is addictive, but is it any more addictive than sugar? Is it going to create problems for society for people to be addicted to nicotine? I don't think it will and so therefore can't really see any problem with it.

)

We will have to agree to disagree. For me any addiction can become a problem, because it is an addiction.

Peteaud

Veteran
I don't know about anyone else, but when I started smoking, I didn't give the packaging, or tv/cinema advertisements a second glance. For me, it had nothing to do with being cool or not, or what other people thought, or peer pressure. I simply wanted to try a cigarette, and got hooked. The end

Well i didn't look at the shiney gold pack and think hmmmmmmmm give me those.

welsh dragon

Well i didn't look at the shiney gold pack and think hmmmmmmmm give me those.

I wish I could blame it on shiny shiny packaging. It's always nice to blame someone or something else, makes us feel better IE its not my fault gov, but I can't. Its was all my own fault.

Colin B

I also noticed the hiccups...and a burning sensation in the throat and on the tongue. Needless to say I didn't use it for long.
Did you know the only reason a real cig didn't burn your throat was the anaesthetic they put in the tobacco . With ecigs not sure whether its too higher strength hiccuping I read that's due to drawing too hard on it

Colin B

I agree with you, however, my worry is that Vaping will run alongside smoking, thus creating a whole bunch addicted to Nicotine. I don't care how "safe" nicotine is, it is still an addiction.
So is caffeine addiction should we limit how many coffees we can drink , many things can be addictive but are still OK in society .Haven't got a coke bottle handy but there's an ingredient in that on the banned list yet we allow our children to consume it in coke and other carbonated drinks

Colin B

Some of the advertising at the moment is glamorising Vaping, which is one thing I don't like. reminds me of the old cigarette ad's. For smokers wanting to reduce the amount they smoke, or to be used as a quitting aid they are great, but to promote them to none smokers as this cool new thing.... no.

There's the VIP "I want to put it in my mouth" .. oooeeeerrr and the then from British American Tobacco who are behind Vype we have

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quAMUXNeY6Y

Advertising should banned and I use one don't glamourise it that's stupid of the advertisers

welsh dragon

You drinking coke or coffee does not affect other people though does it? And although coffee may be bad today, tomorrow it may not. Spuds are bad, potatoes are bad. Tea is bad, bread is bad., etc

Peteaud

Veteran
So is caffeine addiction should we limit how many coffees we can drink , many things can be addictive but are still OK in society .Haven't got a coke bottle handy but there's an ingredient in that on the banned list yet we allow our children to consume it in coke and other carbonated drinks

Coffee and Nicotine are somewhat different.
No my Daughter when she was younger was not allowed coffee or coke for that matter.
How about chewing tobacco for kids, aka skol bandits?
How many hi caffine "energy drinks" would you let a child drink, no limit?

It is where you draw the line.

Peteaud

Veteran
selfharm.jpg

welsh dragon

That's the problem with the whole subject. On the one hand the government won't ban smoking and in fact grab all the money they can from it, but on the other hand, they treat smokers like lepers. Making them go outside, etc. Making them feel like they should hang they're heads in shame.

What do they want for gods sake.

Top Bottom