To those who use a helmet camera in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your sniggers and comments were the best bit!

If only they hadn't cut me off at the end I'd have pointed out the statistics that show that the more cyclists there are, the safer the roads are for everyone, not as Steve suggested.

If there are any media folks out there, why don't you take a risk and allow a proper debate on this, not just a mud sling contest. I think you'll find that people would be interested in it, and it could make a difference.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
It needs to be kept out there MT, but which 'media type' will champion a cause like this?

It needs to be kept out there MT, but which 'media type' will champion a cause like this?

I'm not sure I can reveal it yet as the feature is focused on other cyclists (it will have some of my video in it), but I do know of another TV feature in the making, so watch this space! :smile:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I'm not sure I can reveal it yet as the feature is focused on other cyclists (it will have some of my video in it), but I do know of another TV feature in the making, so watch this space! :smile:

Oooo, you media tart.... :rofl:

Good piece though; Berry just came across as an idiot when he blew his "they have registrations in lots of countries" case. You came across as very level-headed, open and well-informed.

goo_mason

hi everyone, i'm a new member, inspired by the bbc article.

i have thought about one of these for years. i commute in Edinburgh and will unlikly go a day without a close call with a motorist.

anyone know how much the whole package costs. article on beeb says £20 for camera, but how much is the rest? i would love one of these, mostly for the next time i am knocked off and the driver tries to blame me

I bought a cheap Muvi clone online last year for £15 (plus the cost of an 8Gb miniSD card) which surprised me with the quality it produced; you can see a 10-min clip of part of my commute using it here. They're sold in a number of places online - I got mine from Memorybits.co.uk, but I don't think they sell them any more. **Edit** You can get one from 7dayshop for 10.99 for the camera only, £16.99 for cam & 4Gb card or £19.99 for the cam with an 8Gb card.

It's not a great cam in low-light situations though; for any decent low-light or night-time footage, you'll have to spend a bit more. Many cyclists on here get their more expensive kit from dogcamsport, I believe.

goo_mason

hi everyone, i'm a new member, inspired by the bbc article.

i have thought about one of these for years. i commute in Edinburgh and will unlikly go a day without a close call with a motorist.

anyone know how much the whole package costs. article on beeb says £20 for camera, but how much is the rest? i would love one of these, mostly for the next time i am knocked off and the driver tries to blame me

Oh, and welcome along to CC, flyingtrain! :welcome:

There are a quite a few Edinburgh cyclists here. Which parts of Edinburgh do you cover on your commute?

deggers

Might interest people to know Steve Berry was abruptly sacked from his long standing job as breakfast DJ at rock radio manchester in the new year. Totally out of the blue, there one day gone the next-allegedly over contract issues but its widely believed its because he was a big headed '*anker' who always talked over his guests!. bet he was glad of the money!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I used a muvi clone that cost £11 + the cost of a SD card so £20 all in is a reasonable guess for the total cost .I ditched my movieing as in the winter all my riding is done in the dark and all you would see is headlights on my mainly unlit road commute :rolleyes:

Pity the radio clip was cut off with the 1st caller , well done Mags for standing in the ring !!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
bravo.gif
Mighty Magnatom
bravo.gif
!

Typical Steve Berry/ experienced radio man to make a fatuous point (bicycle registration) to divert the conversation from the real issue (safety of cyclists).
mad.gif

Attachments

• bravo.gif
    bravo.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 19
Oooo, you media tart.... :rofl:

Good piece though; Berry just came across as an idiot when he blew his "they have registrations in lots of countries" case. You came across as very level-headed, open and well-informed.

Ha!:biggrin:

It's funny, the course I was on in Boston was called the Entrepreneurship Development Program. Sounds very grand, but its all about learning how to write business plans etc (I may be helping to spin out a company in the future if we get funding!). As part of it teams (created during the week) had to present a business plan on the final day. I did one of the presentations with another team member, and whilst we didn't win the competition our presentation got commended. Funnily enough, instead of just presenting the plan in the normal way, we did it, as if it was a TV interview. I even passed over to 'Heather for the weather' at the end! :tongue:

I think I just enjoy the challenge of getting ideas across in public. I'm one of those weird folk that enjoy presenting. I find it a buzz. I suppose doing radio, TV stuff is similar in that I enjoy the challenge. That radio interview was certainly a challenge. If some good can come of it and I don't make a pigs ear of it, then all the better!

Media tart........maybe just a teeny bit....;):biggrin:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think I just enjoy the challenge of getting ideas across in public. I'm one of those weird folk that enjoy presenting. I find it a buzz. I suppose doing radio, TV stuff is similar in that I enjoy the challenge. That radio interview was certainly a challenge. If some good can come of it and I don't make a pigs ear of it, then all the better!

Media tart........maybe just a teeny bit....;):biggrin:

Very good performance, by the way. Excellent work!

But here's a tough question: you're on TV, under the camera lights, yet somehow in the shadow of Adam Rayner - would you dare to be the first person to say: ''Adam... [looking him up and down]...when was the last time you were on a bike?''

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Well done the Good Doctor! You just need a Tardis now. :thumbsup:

I think you handled it very well given the circumstances. I think he's living in cloud cuckoo land, that bloke. He failed to substantiate any of his claims, and then admitted he'd ridden illegally up a pavement. It was he, not the bike that caused the "crime".

Well done the Good Doctor! You just need a Tardis now. :thumbsup:

I think you handled it very well given the circumstances. I think he's living in cloud cuckoo land, that bloke. He failed to substantiate any of his claims, and then admitted he'd ridden illegally up a pavement. It was he, not the bike that caused the "crime".

The was an air on inevitability in half his words I think he's jealous of cyclists too ;)

Top Bottom