Today a Good Driver did this ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kookas

Über Member
[QUOTE 2641049, member: 45"]Since moving to Somerset I've experienced this with the majority of passes. Now Birmingham,...[/quote]

I think it's the daytime traffic making everything into a rush. Ride around here at night and it's wonderful. Everyone is chill.

Kookas

Über Member
[QUOTE 2641496, member: 45"]I dunno, I found that it's at night that the idiots came out to play. That's what I got for living near to Weoley Castle though.[/quote]

I'm talking really late, as in midnight. That's usually me coming home from King's Norton to Moseley. I found the narrow roads much less stressful since cars could easily move right over to the oncoming lane, and they did.

'Party drivers' might be a thing on Friday & Saturday nights, though.

Fubar

Guru
White van driver waited nice and patiently behind me this morning coming up to a bend, once past I checked and waved him through to get him on his way and he gave me a wee flash of his hazards to say thanks - nice!

postman

Legendary Member
A big thanks to a builder in his truck.Hargreaves something.I was at the lights at the Dyneley Arms, Bramhope.Tired.A long queue of traffic waiting with me for the lights to change.So i looks over my shoulder and waved all the cars vans through.So i did not slow them down.As the truck slowly over took me he pointed to my seatbag.I had left it open getting out my chocolate bar.My tights were flapping out and they may have fallen out and got wrapped around the wheel.So a big thumbs up from me to you Mr BUILDER MAN.

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
Didn't want to come across negative against drivers,driver pulled out without looking at Stratford on Sunday.

Generally most of it are mistakes due to lack of experience,poor concentration and planning.

I don't think it's anything malicious..I'm still cycling fine so no problem,must admit I was a bit annoyed at the time.

Voyley

Good film there are some top drivers out there! Was probably a cyclist himself (when not banning it up obviously)!

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Yesterday on the way in and on the way home was perfect, no issues with anyone, some patient motorists and good overtakes :smile:

Ganymede

Veteran
I'm a newbie here - I have been reading the forum for a long time, but have always resisted joining as I knew I'd spend too long in here. Hey ho...

This happened a few weeks ago and I really wanted to post it so here I am.

I was cycling home (country lanes) from playing the ukelele with my old Dad, and was passed very beautifully and safely by a Warburton's bread van - he signalled and everything. Having lurked on this thread I realised it was my duty to compliment him, so I went on the Warburton's website and described the time and place (didn't get his reg), asking them to compliment either him directly or their transport department. A couple of days later at the same time of day I was on my way in the opposite direction towards Dad's, and met the same van - waved in a friendly spirit in case it was the same chap and got a huge, cheery grin and massive wave and point, so I guess my message got through.

Makes me smile even now. So - thanks for spurring me on to send the compliment!

RWright

Guru
Yesterday I was at an intersection with a stop light. I was pulled over to the raised curb so I didn't have to get out of the saddle when I stopped. There were several cars beside and behind me waiting at the light. I was in no hurry so when it turned green I motioned to the lady in the mini van just behind me to go ahead. She shook her head and motioned for me to go first so I took off. I thought it was nice of her, this intersection is at an entry ramp to a fast highway and normally people stopped there are very eager to get on the gas so they can accelerate down the ramp. I was just being careful and she helped make sure I got safely across before she turned to go down the ramp. I gave her a wave and a smile.

Top Bottom