Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
not sure she has ever been called Kate by her family - but I could be wrong

I'm not sure either, but I doubt the press generally would have started calling her that without somebody having heard it used first.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Weather forecasters saying: 'From the word go'. Weather forecasters saying: 'There will be cloud in the sky'. Weather forecasters saying: 'North East facing coasts'. Why the 'facing'?

Weather forecasters saying: 'From the word go'. Weather forecasters saying: 'There will be cloud in the sky'. Weather forecasters saying: 'North East facing coasts'. Why the 'facing'?

My "irrational hatred" is for when the forecasters tell me how I will feel, or how hard I will find sleeping.

JUST TELL ME THE BLIMMIN WEATHER!!!! I can work out the rest for myself thanks!

Alex321

Veteran

First one, agree. Second one - well sometimes there isn't. Third one - because that is the direction of out to sea on those coasts - that distinguishes them from coasts which are in the North-East of the country/area, which is what would be meant without it.

youngoldbloke

First one, agree. Second one - well sometimes there isn't. Third one - because that is the direction of out to sea on those coasts - that distinguishes them from coasts which are in the North-East of the country/area, which is what would be meant without it.

Thing is, 'North East facing coasts' is almost always used for coasts in the North East. Other coastal areas being referred to separately - South Coast, East Coast etc. If there is cloud where is it usually located?

Alex321

Veteran
Thing is, 'North East facing coasts' is almost always used for coasts in the North East. Other coastal areas being referred to separately - South Coast, East Coast etc. If there is cloud where is it usually located?

Well if there is cloud, it is usually in the sky, but there are days when we skies with no visible cloud in them.

mustang1

Legendary Member
The damn bus drivers who deliberately (imo) open the exit door just as soon as I'm arriving on my bike (the bike path goes alongside the bus stop).

I slow down anyway but the bus driver times it so that the passengers exit just as I approach. I'm pretty sure the driver wants some fun in his mundane existence. Obviously I'm not saying they all do that but I've observed this enough times to think it's something they do deliberately. Always male drivers.

youngoldbloke

Anyway I never know where I'm located weather forecast wise. I wish we had a forecast for mainland UK based on the Shipping Forecast with defined 'Land Areas', referred to in order, with none of that 'wrap up well it's going to be chilly, batten down the hatches. and take your brolly' type advice. :okay:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Thing is, 'North East facing coasts' is almost always used for coasts in the North East.

That makes sense on a national broadcast.

Less so with a local forecast, eg Kent which has coasts facing anywhere between 11 o'clock and 7 o'clock.

Or the isle of wight with the full 360 degrees.

Important to be clear when forecasting onshore winds etc.

Dag Hammar

Last week I went inside my bank in the High Street. Walked straight to the cash dispenser machine, card in, PIN entered, retrieved my card and the cash and I turned and left the premises. All done in a couple of minutes and no interaction or words exchanged with any staff. Perfectly happy with the whole shebang.
This evening I get a text message from the bank advising me that the bank would like to hear my feedback about the visit and there is a link to click to access a short survey.
Last week on a different day I went to one of the big name national opticians to have my eyes tested……….yep, I received an email inviting me to complete their survey and tell them about my experience.
Of course, the time I’ve spent compiling this post could have been productively used to complete their surveys but where’s the fun in that !

Last week I went inside my bank in the High Street. Walked straight to the cash dispenser machine, card in, PIN entered, retrieved my card and the cash and I turned and left the premises. All done in a couple of minutes and no interaction or words exchanged with any staff. Perfectly happy with the whole shebang.
This evening I get a text message from the bank advising me that the bank would like to hear my feedback about the visit and there is a link to click to access a short survey.
Last week on a different day I went to one of the big name national opticians to have my eyes tested……….yep, I received an email inviting me to complete their survey and tell them about my experience.
Of course, the time I’ve spent compiling this post could have been productively used to complete their surveys but where’s the fun in that !

I’ve had a “how did we do” after a visit to Sainsburys petrol station. Even when you say “I only bought fuel” they still ask a sh*t load of questions which aren’t even vaguely relevant

Top Bottom