Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Taken yesterday down the local high street. I got talking to the woman who owns the car,after she'd parked up. As she walked away i mentioned that maybe it was better to leave all the shopping and stuff on display,in the boot. She laughed and said "it'll be there when i get back". I passed the same car again 30 minutes later and surprisingly,the stuff hadn't been stolen. I'm slightly annoyed with myself as i could've nabbed that straw hat and those Magnums,if i'd known she was going to be away for so long.🧐 :secret:

View attachment 586031

:whistle:
People know better than to rip off the daughter of the Accrington mob boss!

Chris S

Legendary Member
Taken yesterday down the local high street. I got talking to the woman who owns the car,after she'd parked up. As she walked away i mentioned that maybe it was better to leave all the shopping and stuff on display,in the boot. She laughed and said "it'll be there when i get back". I passed the same car again 30 minutes later and surprisingly,the stuff hadn't been stolen. I'm slightly annoyed with myself as i could've nabbed that straw hat and those Magnums,if i'd known she was going to be away for so long.🧐 :secret:

View attachment 586031

:whistle:
I think the Magnums would have been melted.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Lubuntu informing me that software updates are available and then popping up a message saying my architecture is no longer supported.
I can't just ignore the initial message because sometimes third party updates are available.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last night i watched a you tube video about traffic cops. One scene showed some police chasing a 'suspected stolen vehicle'. When they stopped the car the driver refused to get out,so one PC smashed the driver's window to 'assist him out'. When they'd cuffed him that PC said "A successful result. The owner gets his car back relatively unscathed". Correction! It was unscathed 'till you smashed the fecking window in!!🧐

Last edited:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Designers who, faced with the need to provide instant, intuitive access to key information, decide it would be a good idea to set it in a small font in almost the same colour as the background, thereby making it all but invisible...

View attachment 577972

...so the punter only discovers these are honey nuts after he's already sprinkled them over his stir fry. :angry:
The RIBA, in all its design-led omnipotence, delights in using small white fonts on a light grey background which is impossible to read- their marketing consultants had recently 'updated' their 'customer- facing' concept ... I'm looking forward to their emails reverting to black font on white background clearer to read soon.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not a very clear photo' as it's going dark now (i should've taken it earlier). The blue object is a Doritos packet. It's been blowing round the garden area all day. I was going to pick it up last night,but thought i'd leave it to see if anyone in the other flats picks/picked it up. As you can see they haven't/didn't. Not only that,but out of the 16 flats here,i'm the only one who puts my wheelie bin out for the Tuesday morning collection. I'm surrounded by lazy,scruffy feckers!! 🧐

1620070380237.png

1620070246367.png
🧐

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So.. was it actually 'luscious, light, moist, yummy'? :whistle:
I'm surprised to say yes it was and that was 10 days after its best before date ended! I had some last last night. I approached it apprehensively,expecting a dry,tasteless cake,but i'd say it was the best non home made lemon cake i've ever had! I wouldn't call it 'light' as it was quite stodgy to me,but i like that. I bet i't nice with some custard. Was it worth it's original £3.50 price?🤔 Yes,i'd say it was!:okay:

1620128185382.png

Cycle tracks where every 200m a side road crosses it and the side road has priority and you drop down then back up.
We have one round here that goes through an inductrial estate. Hence factory/warehouse entrances every 50-100 yards
and every one has a dropped kerb - with an inch or so bump down then up again
and - naturally - the lorries leaving the place are looking at the road not the path.
And - as it is an industrial area with lots of lorries - there is lots of debris in the gutter and on the path

Isn't it weird that I have had more punctures along that path than anywhere else - and I stopped using it 2 years ago and use the road instead!

Top Bottom