Velo Viewer

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by derrick, 29 Dec 2016.

Tags:
  1. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Increased the max square not by 1, but by 2 today. 49 strategically placed new squares around Derby and Notingham took it to 47x47.

It's bloody lumpy around Ilkeston

wajc likes this.
  2. bruce1530

bruce1530 Über Member

A trip up to the wind farm today took mine to 15x15.

and I now don’t even live inside my max square - it’s a 4 mile trip to meet the closest edge!

3. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

My nearest new square is now a 52 mile round trip,

4. bruce1530

bruce1530 Über Member

I’ve got several squares that are only about 10 miles away. But I’d need a mountain bike - it’s over moorland. I’m looking at the tracks up to the wind farm.

I’ve also got a square that’s about a mile away - but that one would need a Pedalo :-)

The closest square that I can get to on a “normal” bike is a 70k round trip.

5. tallliman

tallliman Veteran

Agreed!!! Good riding country though.

6. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Another 11 squares and the max cluster up another 31.

@13 rider I had to open the ride to get one of the squares, you might want to double check yours.

Soltydog likes this.
  7. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

13 tiles for me max cluster up by 23 . Tiles 3446 max cluster 1650 . I have a missing surrounded square at mile oak but the road we travelled on didn't go in it . Near more that way so no issue

wajc and Supersuperleeds like this.
  8. bruce1530

bruce1530 Über Member

A trip to Glasgow today, and picked up a few squares to the south and west of the city, joining together 2 “clusters”. So 14 new squares, but max cluster grown by 40.

I got the train home. Is that cheating? :-)

wajc, 13 rider and Supersuperleeds like this.
  9. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Train, cheating? I hope not, I've done several train journeys ^_^

13 rider likes this.
  10. tallliman

tallliman Veteran

Today's riding pulled my max cluster over the 2,000 mark. Now 2026

11. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Same ride as @tallliman gave me 30 new squares total now 3476 max cluster up by 36 to 1686

12. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Same ride as @tallliman and @13 rider saw me get 29 more squares with the cluster up 35 to 3,214.

wajc likes this.
  13. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

An imperial ton targeting some little clusters of squares gave me 17 squares but jumped my max cluster by 36 . Total squares 3493 max cluster 1722 . Poor @Supersuperleeds came with me and didn't get any new squares :laugh:

14. bruce1530

bruce1530 Über Member

ten new squares for me today. I’ve got one annoying square that I don’t see a way to get to - in a former MOD site, fence all round, signs saying :Guard Dogs”. I’m sure I could get there quite easily on foot, but that’s cheating.

There’s construction going on at one part of the site. The outside gate was closed today, but I reckon if I rolled up there one working day, went through the main gate and car park and up to the site hut, I’d be far enough in!

Soltydog and wajc like this.
  15. wajc

wajc Senior Member

Walking is fine - they'll be plenty of occasions where someone has had to get off their bike to walk a few metres to 'claim' a square.

Walks involving no cycling are also fine (in fact anything human powered - canoeing etc is). Though I'd draw the line at walks less than a mile in length - so no driving to a square, hopping out and just switching the GPS on and getting back in to the car and driving off for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice