Velo Viewer

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by derrick, 29 Dec 2016.

Tags:
  1. tallliman

tallliman Veteran

Walking is fine!

80mile winding roads replete with hail, bridleways and singletrack yielded about 80 or 90 new squares. It also leaves me with about 15 miles where I need new squares to get my max cluster to London!

Supersuperleeds and 13 rider like this.
  2. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

125 miles and didn't even get out of my max cluster :rolleyes:

LeetleGreyCells and 13 rider like this.
  3. tallliman

tallliman Veteran

Looking at the route, it would've been the same for me!

4. tallliman

tallliman Veteran

92 new squares today, 11 more on the max cluster, up to 2035!

5. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Same ride as @tallliman and 92 for me as well total now 3585 no increase in max cluster

6. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Same ride as @tallliman and @13 rider saw me get 80 new squares and increased the max cluster by 6

Soltydog, wajc and LeetleGreyCells like this.
  7. PapaZita

PapaZita Veteran

I haven’t checked in for a while, but have been quietly working away at it. I had a great ride today to explore a few villages between Royston and Cambridge, 110 miles, 35 new tiles, some of which required flinging my road bike down bumpy byways. My cluster now reaches Duxford, and, finally, the 35x35 max square that I’ve had since January, has grown to 36x36! Just one planned tile missed, where a big angry looking gate has appeared since the Google car went that way. I’ll have to make another plan for that one.

8. LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells Cycliste en formation

I had a ride with several short detours to collect tiles expanding my Max. Square to 10x10 from 6x6. :becool:

9. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

27 new squares today which gave the max cluster a 50 square boost.

10. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

I had 1 annoying square near the village of Teigh which was in my max cluster and completely surrounded by my max cluster . Had to ride down a rough bridle path to tick it off today so 1 square but max cluster up by 5 to 1727

Supersuperleeds likes this.
  11. MichaelO

MichaelO Über Member

I really need to start heading North/South rather than the usual East/West!!! Hoovered up a few odd squares in recent weeks, but haven't been on my bike as much as I wanted to be. Crawley and the edges of South London are next on my list!

upload_2019-5-28_11-2-2.png

Supersuperleeds and 13 rider like this.
  12. Ivo

Ivo Well-Known Member

3 days of Belgian tiles expanded my cluster nearly to the French border. So quite soon I can add a 4th country to my cluster.

13. Soltydog

Soltydog Guru

Been out on a recce ride today for Colin's & the Fridays York to Hull rides, but also took the opportunity to grab a few squares on the way back home. Only got 6 new squares, but my max cluster has gone up from 207 to 386 :ohmy:

14. Ivo

Ivo Well-Known Member

The pics of both square and the south-western extension:

full?d=1559072461.jpg

full?d=1559072493.jpg

15. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Out with @Supersuperleeds who had plotted a square grabbing ride around Lichfield . 34 new squares for me total now 3620 max cluster up by 19 to 1756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice