Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Increased the max square not by 1, but by 2 today. 49 strategically placed new squares around Derby and Notingham took it to 47x47.

It's bloody lumpy around Ilkeston

bruce1530

Guru
A trip up to the wind farm today took mine to 15x15.

and I now don’t even live inside my max square - it’s a 4 mile trip to meet the closest edge!

bruce1530

Guru
I’ve got several squares that are only about 10 miles away. But I’d need a mountain bike - it’s over moorland. I’m looking at the tracks up to the wind farm.

I’ve also got a square that’s about a mile away - but that one would need a Pedalo :-)

The closest square that I can get to on a “normal” bike is a 70k round trip.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
A trip to Glasgow today, and picked up a few squares to the south and west of the city, joining together 2 “clusters”. So 14 new squares, but max cluster grown by 40.

I got the train home. Is that cheating? :-)
Train, cheating? I hope not, I've done several train journeys ^_^

bruce1530

Guru
ten new squares for me today. I’ve got one annoying square that I don’t see a way to get to - in a former MOD site, fence all round, signs saying :Guard Dogs”. I’m sure I could get there quite easily on foot, but that’s cheating.

There’s construction going on at one part of the site. The outside gate was closed today, but I reckon if I rolled up there one working day, went through the main gate and car park and up to the site hut, I’d be far enough in!

wajc

Veteran
I’m sure I could get there quite easily on foot, but that’s cheating.

Walking is fine - they'll be plenty of occasions where someone has had to get off their bike to walk a few metres to 'claim' a square.

Walks involving no cycling are also fine (in fact anything human powered - canoeing etc is). Though I'd draw the line at walks less than a mile in length - so no driving to a square, hopping out and just switching the GPS on and getting back in to the car and driving off for me.

Top Bottom