Veloviewer geek thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
A few more options on the signature image now so you can choose between a 1, 2 or 3 line image and choose which data you want to display. I'll add more options in the coming weeks. Takes up a bit less space now (if you want/need it too). Just visit your signature tab on the site and you should work it out easy enough.
Ben
I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to "encode" the AthleteID in the signature url, to prevent the less tech savvy unwittingly linking their profile/rides/location. Probably pointless as people should have set up their profile/security appropriately but I thought id throw it out there :smile: Also, 5/10 minute power might be good stats for a sig if you can pull them. Thanks as always.

mattobrien

Guru
I'm off to see if I can improve my signature. I don't often just go segment hunting, but if I am going to be wearing them as a badge, I ought to improve...

Ben Lowe

"encode" the AthleteID in the signature url
A few clicks on Strava and you've got anyone's id if you really want it. Hopefully they have set up their required privacy settings on Strava then they should be ok. When the V3 api comes out in the new year then the veloview data can be locked down so no one else can see it (if you want it to be), as it stands at the moment, only add your data to veloviewer if you don't mind people finding it (no maps on there or anything though), and be aware that all the data I'm showing is publicly available anyway (if you know how to get it).
5/10 minute power might be good stats for a sig if you can pull them.
I'll see what the new V3 API's offer up. I'll provide everything I can get hold of and anything else I can work out from it!

Top Bottom