Veloviewer geek thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
What does it mean? :unsure: :scratch:
eh.jpg

Ben Lowe

http://stattrek.com/statistics/charts/cumulative-plot.aspx So, if in the top chart you hover your mouse over the 50th column it will tell you how many segments you placed 50th or below on. In the "Absolute" chart, hovering over the 50th column tells you how many segments you are exactly 50th position on. Same applies for the percentile charts but you then also need to understand what is meant by percentiles too!

mancaus

I'm loving all this stuff Ben - thanks for the effort you've put in.

Now, back to work on improving my stats...

Ben Lowe

That sites rather good, given Stravas own limited front end... Good job Ben :smile:

Since you know your way around the Strava API, is there any possibility of making some kind of Strava Stats image for forum signatures - I think it would prove rather popular and could get you a lot of traffic if thats a positive. Similar to the Xbox Live gamertag things or xFire gamer stats, even if it only periodically rather than live updated a users "Tag".
Is this the kind of thing you mean (see my sig)?
If you are on veloviewer you can have yours using the following image url (replacing the number with your own id, "units" can be "I" for imperial or "M" for metric): http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?athleteId=306128&unit=I
Any suggestions for changes?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Is this the kind of thing you mean (see my sig)?
If you are on veloviewer you can have yours using the following image url (replacing the number with your own id, "units" can be "I" for imperial or "M" for metric): http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?athleteId=306128&unit=I
Any suggestions for changes?
Yes! Just like that :thumbsup:

I think a distance "This Week: xxx km" would be very nice, maybe the 5/10 minute power ratings if theyre available through the API. Im sure there will be no shortage of suggestions from others though :smile:

Ben Lowe

Yes! Just like that :thumbsup:

I think a distance "This Week: xxx km" would be very nice, maybe the 5/10 minute power ratings if theyre available through the API. Im sure there will be no shortage of suggestions from others though :smile:
Added a tab to the veloviewer athlete pages to get the url for your own image. I'll let people debate what data they want to see on this thread and go with the majority (or potentially allow some options like the units I currently have if it is easy to implement).

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Added a tab to the veloviewer athlete pages to get the url for your own image. I'll let people debate what data they want to see on this thread and go with the majority (or potentially allow some options like the units I currently have if it is easy to implement).
Seems to work well :thumbsup:
My chart makes me look a bit better than I am, as most segments here only have 10-40 riders, but I dont mind. :smile:

400bhp

Guru
Ben - care to give some background about yourself?

I can then say I was there at the beginning:laugh:

Ben Lowe

Ben - care to give some background about yourself?

I can then say I was there at the beginning:laugh:
errr, what do you wanna know? Cycling history? Geek/work history?

I'm guessing you'll want to show a percentile graph rather than the position graph on your signature?

Ben Lowe

see my sig - thingy isn't working?
I've put a bunch more help on the Signature tab on the site. Lots of code you can just copy and paste (if you know what buttons to press on the sig editor). That top right button of cyclechat's sig editor that goes into BB code editing is the easiest, just copy and paste the personalised BB code on your page in veloviewer.

henrik

Regular
The new segment function is excellent - my mind is boggled!

Great with the new site. Notice that several non existing segments pop up on the discover new segments button.

What about adding functionality to sort segment list ordered by distance to current GPS location. To find to closest segments to hunt for KOMs.

Top Bottom