Veloviewer geek thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben Lowe

Yes that is me 212031 still will not update even after you put on the first 25
You're not pressing the button right ;-) Just pressed it twice and you're now up to 75 (must admit, the first time it said it had saved n rides, m segmenst etc. but obviously didn't commit them as it still said 25).

Try it again and see how it goes. What browser/Operating system are you using? I tend to use Chrome.

tadpole

Ok I've pressed the button Marked “get new rides 25 at a time” at 1505 it is now 1516 and although the blue line moved to roughly 25% of the strip, it’s not moved since.
Win xp2003 service pack 3 with updates IE8

Ben Lowe

Ok I've pressed the button Marked “get new rides 25 at a time” at 1505 it is now 1516 and although the blue line moved to roughly 25% of the strip, it’s not moved since.
Win xp2003 service pack 3 with updates IE8
sent you an email. worked fine for me in IE9 on Win7. All your rides are uploaded. Maybe time to update your software ;-)?

Ben Lowe

Would it be possible to have a summation of percentiles, like you have done with graphical representation of KoM placings?

e.g split by 10 percentage points?
you love those percentiles don't ya! I'll see what I can do...

Ben Lowe

How do i see other people's stats like in Stavaviewer?
That's one thing Strava want to limit (or more correctly stop) on 3rd party sites, and you can understand why. If another athlete is happy to make their data publicly available then fair enough but by default it needs to be hidden.
When Strava get there new Facebook/Twitter/Google styled "authorise this app" authentication sorted then I'm going to restrict VeloViewer so you must authenticate yourself against Strava to make sure you aren't getting someone else's data. Once authenticated you'll be given the choice to anyone to look at your data (so you can share your url on here/twitter etc.) which will also mean that also anyone can go in and press your update buttons too! But I also have to give the option for people to upload their data to the site and choose not to allow anyone else to view it. This will means that potentially those users weill need to authenticate themselves each time they visit veloviewer unless I can implement some kind of secure "remember me" type thang.
As it stands now, you can share say your segment list URL with anyone.
I must ask you at this time to respect other people's data and not upload their data without their express permission. Until I get the authentication in place (once Strava have it sorted) then it's just on a trust basis. Obviously once the authentication is in place you'll no longer be able to see the other persons data unless they've logged in and checked the necessary box.
That all make sense? Part of the conditions of using the Strava API's.

Ben Lowe

Love to but I work for a IT tech/phone company so my company don't belive in giving us the new stuff. :cursing:
Typical! It should all work from your phone too (including all the update stuff). Tested it on iPhone/Pad, Windows Phone 7 and Android. Only limitation I've found so far is the Google graphs don't work on Android (unless your V4+). There is a phone specific view of segment and ride lists too. All those stats in your pocket!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
That sites rather good, given Stravas own limited front end... Good job Ben :smile:

Since you know your way around the Strava API, is there any possibility of making some kind of Strava Stats image for forum signatures - I think it would prove rather popular and could get you a lot of traffic if thats a positive. Similar to the Xbox Live gamertag things or xFire gamer stats, even if it only periodically rather than live updated a users "Tag".

Top Bottom