Walking shoe recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It depends what you are going to be walking on. If it's going to be tourist gravel path, get some over-priced poncified trainer. They will say "highly technical" in the blurb. If you will be walking over scree and rocks, you will need decent ankle support, and (IMVVHO) a leather boot is the way to go.
I like Scarpa but any leather boot here will probably be OK.....
https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/c/m...tml#?q=&size=&page=0&sort=bestselling&filter=

U

User6179

I once bought a pair of boots from SD mainly due to the Vibram sole and cheap price.

Worst boots I ever bought, think they were Karrimor :headshake:

Karrimor boots are that flimsy they reinforce them with this hard plastic like sheet between the sole and mid sole, I bent the toes over on a pair and the plastic snapped.

U

User6179

Just get a pair of Meindl Burma or Borneo Accy, comfy out the box, best grip of any boot, a tad heavy for anything over 10 mile but fine for shorter distances.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is getting quite confusing. Now that i've been diagnosed by Bonefish as having Analysis paralysis or paralysis by analysis;) it's not as bad,but still difficult to come to a decision.
I'm down to a choice of three at the moment. I think i'll go for brown leather as opposed to man made fabric. I know some say they'll be a bit heavier,but i can take that as i'm not going to be walking more than say 7 or 8 miles.
I'm down to these three. Decisions decisions!:scratch:

https://www.nevisport.com/trespass-mens-walker-hiking-boots

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1I0X1XPXC1LU0

https://www.millets.co.uk/footwear/...try-roamer-walking-shoe-brown.html#read_more?

Maybe a 4th one as well?:scratch:

ttps://www.trespass.com/mens-source-walking-boots

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The 4th gives you nothing that the 3rd does, except at a higher price, so that goes I'd suggest.

The third is a shoe, and is just less versatile, but if you did go that way, then I think the price of the Grisport shoes for the spec is unbeatable, so buy those.

The Berghaus is a really good boot (ex Brasher design) and will be lighter than the first, but only you can decide whether it's worth the 50 squids extra.

Does that help?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The Berghaus is a really good boot (ex Brasher design) and will be lighter than the first, but only you can decide whether it's worth the 50 squids extra.

Does that help?

In a way,yes. But i still have that boot snobbery thing in my mind. If i buy Berghaus it'll keep the twatty comments at bay and as you've probably guessed twatty comments play on my mind,even though i try to not let them. I have a Regatta walking jacket. It's served me well for years,but some dick just had to say to me once "Regatta,pfft! they're crap,the zip's always braking on them. You should buy proper stuff like my Berghaus one". Keep your fecking nose out,i thought. :headshake:

It's the same with bikes.
My Planet X is probably just as good as Mr Nobbers Cannondale or Mr wonkers Bianchi,but it just doesn't say so on the bike. If only they'd put "This bike is just as good as the more expensive ones" on the downtube.:okay:

Last edited:
U

User6179

In a way,yes. But i still have that boot snobbery thing in my mind. If i buy Berghaus it'll keep the twatty comments at bay and as you've probably guessed twatty comments play on my mind,even though i try to not let them. I have a Regatta walking jacket. It's served me well for years,but some dick just had to say to me once "Regatta,pfft! they're crap,the zip's always braking on them. You should buy proper stuff like my Berghaus one". Keep your fecking nose out,i thought. :headshake:

If Regatta removed their logo from their stuff I reckon they could double the price, their fleeces are excellent and a quarter of the price of the Berghaus ones.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

It's the same with bikes.
My Planet X is probably just as good as Mr Nobbers Cannondale or Mr wonkers Bianchi,but it just doesn't say so on the bike. If only they'd put "This bike is just as good as the more expensive ones" on the downtube.:okay:
If it's any consolation, it's much harder to recognise boots than it is a jacket.

C'mon now, who gives a flying one, really?

Venod

Eh up
I have a Regatta walking jacket.

I have a Regatta lightweight that I used to run in, it is a good piece of kit, I have no problems with Regatta stuff but I do have a problem with the name. It reminds me of the Fiat Regatta I once owned that morphed into a Fiat Regretta.

Top Bottom