Walking shoe recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Keep your fecking nose out,i thought.
Just keep saying this over in your mind,

who cares what some gear snob says about your purchase?
It's you that's going to be wearing them, get the pair that feels best when you try them on (and I really would be doing so before buying) and stuff 'em :okay:

I think there's something great about a nice brown leather walking boot, they just look the part to me, much more than the more modern canvas sporty style you see a lot of these days.

vickster

Legendary Member
And with me being a strict vegetarian,that could cause a slight problem? :unsure: What the heck! I'll be wearing them,not eating them,so we're ok on that score!:angel:
Erm, sorry to break this to you but tuna does not originate from flora before it goes into the tin....

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've had a pair of Karrimore boots for about 12yrs. They've done 1000s of miles without a problem, and were the comfiest, driest boots I've ever owned... On Saturday the sole finally wore through and split.

Time to replace.... but after hearing the "love" for the current Karrimore products I may well be looking elsewhere.

potsy

Rambler
Erm, sorry to break this to you but tuna does not originate from flora before it goes into the tin....
Or dog food stew :laugh:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I've had a pair of Karrimore boots for about 12yrs. They've done 1000s of miles without a problem, and were the comfiest, driest boots I've ever owned... On Saturday the sole finally wore through and split.

Time to replace.... but after hearing the "love" for the current Karrimore products I may well be looking elsewhere.
...would likely be the right answer, sadly. That said, if you look on Amazon et al, some do get decent reviews.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I spent a few hours last night reading reviews about the boots suggested on this thread Not a good thing to do! It's a bit like when they tell you not to read about the side affects of prescribed medication, Most reviews are positive,but some just put you off. "They let water in after 1 month","the leather split","the sole dropped off","the lace eye holes came away","they are very uncomfy,wouldn't recommend","i asked for a refund,but they said i'd had them too long" etc etc.
The search continues!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I spent a few hours last night reading reviews about the boots suggested on this thread Not a good thing to do! It's a bit like when they tell you not to read about the side affects of prescribed medication, Most reviews are positive,but some just put you off. "They let water in after 1 month","the leather split","the sole dropped off","the lace eye holes came away","they are very uncomfy,wouldn't recommend","i asked for a refund,but they said i'd had them too long" etc etc.
The search continues!
There will be problems with any product somewhere along the line.
The people driven to write reviews are generally those who have a problem and are motivated to complain. Satisfied customers usually give no thought to the product, so long as it is working as intended.
I take all reviews with a pinch of salt.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The search continues!
There are two issues there:

1. People whose boots didn't fit their feet. Silly them - try them on at home as you would in a shop, with swollen feet and the correct socks and you should know whether they fit or not.
2. Defective boots. Send 'em back.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There will be problems with any product somewhere along the line.
The people driven to write reviews are generally those who have a problem and are motivated to complain. Satisfied customers usually give no thought to the product, so long as it is working as intended.
I take all reviews with a pinch of salt.
To be fair to the boot manufacturers,the positive comments outnumber the negative ones by about 9 to 1.

Top Bottom