Walking shoe recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
To be fair to the boot manufacturers,the positive comments outnumber the negative ones by about 9 to 1.
Well, there you go then!
Factor in the motivation behind anyone going to the bother of writing a review and it's probably 1000 satisfied customers against 1 with a grudge.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Defective boots. Send 'em back.

One review said he/she'd tried to get a refund but Berghaus said they'd had the boots too long. Another said Berghaus boots are now made in China and are "crud". Do you think they ARE made in China? If so,it's a bit bad wouldn't you say? Giving the impression that they're made in Europe by established manufacturers,while really being made in a sweat shop,along with copies/fakes and other cheaply produced items..

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
One review said he/she'd tried to get a refund but Berghaus said they'd had the boots too long. Another said Berghaus boots are now made in China and are "crud". Do you think they ARE made in China? If so,it's a bit bad wouldn't you say? Giving the impression that they're made in Europe by established manufacturers,while really being made in a sweat shop,along with copies/fakes and other cheaply produced items..
I think you may have an outdated idea of what modern mainline Chinese manufacturing facilities are like.;)

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
They were produced in China before Accy (Brasher, that is). Nothing wrong with that, you will already have loads of stuff that is. Quality Control's the key.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah they do not open on a Sunday as you are now aware.

I was right! When i went on Sunday i did so because i'd seen this.
Opening Times
  • Bank Holidays9:00am - 6:00pm
  • Monday9:00am - 8:00pm
  • Tuesday9:00am - 8:00pm
  • Wednesday9:00am - 8:00pm
  • Thursday9:00am - 8:00pm
  • Friday9:00am - 8:00pm
  • Saturday9:00am - 6:00pm
  • Sunday *10:30am - 4:30pm
* Sundays open from 10am for a 30 minute pre-trade browse.

But when i got there a sign said Closed on Sundays. Very confusing,i must say!
https://maps.google.com/?daddr=53.7432,-2.4971

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok we have a result! I went to Outdoor Action in Blackburn and bought a pair of these http://www.grisport.co.uk/walking-boots-c78/aztec-brown-p2114
for £94.95, with a free pair of good quality socks thrown in,for my cheek. I must've tried about 8 different types on. The bloke worked hard for his sale,telling me all the facts about each different boot i tried on. The place has been open for 40 years,so they know what they're taking about. The one i thought was open on Sundays is called Go Outdoors,which is just up the road from Outdoor Action,where i bought my boots. Both shops look similar from outside. The chap who served me said they'd asked the council to not let them open up so near to them,seeing as the names are similar and they sell similar stuff,but councils are after business rates,so they let them open. Anyway,i'm off to wax my boots.:okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Excellent!
If only all decisions were so easily made.:okay:
One shouldn't rush these things.:smile: Do you think they're ok? I chose them because they looked ok on me. The others were a bit like Frankenstein's monster's boots. I have,shall we say slim legs. Very similar to Chris Froome's, though he has slightly more power in his than mine. Only slightly mind!:whistle:

Top Bottom