Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now 77.3, and that was after breakfast...
Now 75.4kg

Drago

Legendary Member
I've not got on well with these apps. For example, a small portion of chips from the chippy weighed in at nearly twice as much as the app said a small portion of chips should. I gave in and just read the label, and stuff that doesn't have a label (pints of Guinness, chips, kebabs) I take in moderation.

I'm currently on rest week. Every 8 weeks I have a week off the gym, give my joints and connective tissues a rest and any niggling injuries a pause to recover. Holding rock steady at 276lbs, 54" chest, 36" waist, 19" guns. Never mesure my thighs for some reason.

Last edited:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm on course to hit my target of 95kg by end of June before the Chase The Sun ride, currently sitting at 97.8kg. I've lost 19.5kg so far :wacko:
:becool:

I'll revise my target down to 90kg once I hit 95kg :okay:

Unsurprisingly I'm really noticing the 20kg difference on the bike, especially on the climbs - I no longer dread a bit of elevation :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So far this year I haven't done as much cycling as I'd have liked to, but I am now doing more. I have been watching my food intake though to make sure that I wasn't eating to fuel the long rides that I wasn't actually doing... :whistle:

As a result, my weight has been slowly trickling down. I could feel the difference round my waist yesterday so I weighed myself and found that I am now 81.2 kg (179 lbs, 12 st 11 lbs).

My target has for some time been 79kg (174 lbs, 12 st 6 lbs). With a month or two of more serious cycling I should achieve that. Then I think I will take a look in the mirror. It will be a trade-off between my waist and my face! The last time that I lost lots of weight I became gaunt and people kept asking if I were getting ill again. I would rather have a small roll of fat round my waist than loose skin on my face!

ColinJ

I am now 80.7 kg (around 12 st 10 lbs). I am starting to notice the loss on my face now, which is a bit annoying because there is still quite a bit of flab to lose from my waist.

I want to avoid my past cycles of weight loss/weight gain so I am going to be more vigilant this time once my target weight has been achieved...

Let's say that I decide to stabilise at 79 kg. I will set a minimum of 1 kg below that and a maximum of 1 kg above.

If my weight falls below the minimum I will force myself to eat one big tasty takeaway a week until it goes back up - I think I could manage that! :laugh:

If my weight rises to above the maximum I will add one fasting day a week to the two reduced calorie days that I currently do.

How are the rest of you doing? :whistle:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Sounds like a plan @ColinJ! I'm now hovering around 97kg - 2kg off my target weight for Chase The Sun this Saturday so I'll not achieve that now, but considering I started a year ago at 117kg+ I'll take it :laugh: Its been a slow and steady drop through lifestyle changes so I'm fairly confident the weight will stay off once it stabilises but I intend to enjoy a few days of carb loading now :becool::okay:

ColinJ

I am now 80.7 kg (around 12 st 10 lbs). I am starting to notice the loss on my face now, which is a bit annoying because there is still quite a bit of flab to lose from my waist.
I have been hovering around that weight while I tried to stir up the enthusiasm to try to get my last 4-5 kg off.

I was thinking about that stubborn waistline... I looked up the density of fat and found that it is about 90% that of water, so just under 1 kg/litre; let's say that it is the same. I buy milk in 2.3 litre (4 pint) bottles and milk is pretty much fat in water. I weighed a full bottle and sure enough, it was close to 2.3 kg (including the weight of the bottle). Now, that is a BIG bottle...

Like most males, most of my excess weight is concentrated round my waist. I effectively have 2 big bottles of milk worth of flab strapped round there!

8 pints of milk.jpg

:whistle:

I am 4 or 5 kg over my target weight, which doesn't sound that much, but when I think of it as being about 4.5 litres of fat, it seems a bit more worrying! :eek:

I will get more serious about shifting that...

How are you lot doing with your flab-shedding?

Slick

Guru
I seem to have lost 7kg in the last 6 weeks.

Sounds quite good, but then I plateau before getting bored and returning to bad habits.

Working from home makes controlling the diet better but my output is through the floor.

gzoom

Über Member
My overall physique is totally different from 2 years or so ago when I was close to 80kg and heading upwards rapidly, however in the last 12 months the weight figure it self has been 'stuck' at just above my ideal target of 70kg.

This is despite the smart watch telling me my body fat % is going down and muscle up. The numbers seem to suggest water is partly to 'blame', and a bit of quick Dr Google seems to confirm muscle holds more water than fat.

53096143298_046cf85295_k_d.jpg

https://support.withings.com/hc/en-us/articles/220035767-Body-Cardio-What-are-the-normal-ranges-for-body-composition-#:~:text=For%20example%2C%20body%20fat%20contains,muscle%20is%20approximately%2075%25%20water

Not quite sure I believe in lying to myself, but looking at the data from the end of last year when I was at my lightest post some major physical injury that stopped me from eatting/excerising it does seem like I might have hit my 'natural' weight.

If I focus on gaining more muscle my weight might start going up despite my body fat content being close to 15%!! Equally I'm not prepared to starve myself to hit the mad 10% body fat figures some people can get too. So maybe time for me stop bothering to focus on weight??

Not sure I'm ready to stop looking at the scales, will give it another few month.

thumb].jpg

ColinJ

Time for another update: I've put 10 kgs back on! :whistle:

Only kidding... I am sticking to the approach that seems to work for me - once or twice a week if I don't feel particularly hungry in the evening I make do with a bowl of muesli or porridge instead of cooking a main meal.

I finally dipped below 80 kg to 79.5 kg, 175 lbs, 12 st 7 lbs. I am definitely feeling better for it. My provisional target weight is 76 kg, a smidge under 12 stone but I will decide on a figure as I get closer to that - maybe slightly more, maybe slightly less. The mirror will be the deciding factor - I don't want to end up looking ill!

How you doing with your battle with the kilos/pounds?

PK99

Legendary Member
Any recommend a simple app to track the food you eat in terms of calories ?

I've been following the ZOE program and a key message from that is Don't Count Calories!

Not all calories are equal:

4 digestive biscuits = ~280 Calories ... virtually all the calories are taken up by the body and a major sugar spike and crash result in more hunger

50 g of peanuts =~ 280 calories ..... slow digestion and absorption give a much lower sugar peak PLUS a significant proportion of the peanuts are excreted intact (The sweetcorn phenomenon!)

ie foods with the same calorie content do not result in the same calorie uptake by the body.

The type and nature of the food are more important than the simple calorie content.

Top Bottom