Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickAKA

Über Member
That was the plan.. however it's slower all over the show (e.g 40 minutes slower on the pru 100 this year to a couple of years ago, way harder on the mallorca 312 this year).

It's not massively flat so :scratch:

Have you lost muscle mass or was it just excess weight? Fatigue may also be an issue as ColinJ said...

Alan O

Über Member
OK.. commute changed (work from home largely or outside UK), diet changed & I'm now 90kg. Still a way to go but from the original post I went back up to 112kg (my twins were born, little time for anything!) so I'm about 20kg's lighter since the restart... going well but oddly I'm slower on the bike!!
That's a pretty good result so far.

I'm perhaps not surprised you're a bit slower, as I find weight loss and hard exercise close to incompatible - I have to work on weight loss or fitness/strength independently, not at the same time. So the summer months for me have been about fitness and strength, and my cycling improved quite a bit - but no weight loss for several months. Now the summer is drawing to a close, I'm focusing on weight loss again, but I do get more tired more quickly.

I suggest getting down to your weight target, and then working on fitness and strength - your potential ability once you reach 80kg should be considerably better than it was.

nickAKA

Über Member
That's a pretty good result so far.

I'm perhaps not surprised you're a bit slower, as I find weight loss and hard exercise close to incompatible - I have to work on weight loss or fitness/strength independently, not at the same time. So the summer months for me have been about fitness and strength, and my cycling improved quite a bit - but no weight loss for several months. Now the summer is drawing to a close, I'm focusing on weight loss again, but I do get more tired more quickly.

I suggest getting down to your weight target, and then working on fitness and strength - your potential ability once you reach 80kg should be considerably better than it was.

Yep, I'd think a serious reduction in calorie intake will weaken your constitution significantly! 112 to 90 is certainly significant. I dropped about 10kg over 12 months and have seen only gains, but my base level of fitness was pretty low at the start.

alvintc

Veteran
Not really sure... I'd assumed if I dropped the weight I'd go flying up the hills, lose a bit on the flat & a chunk down hills. It appears I'm just slower everywhere!

I'm hoping to get to <80kg's then I'll flip to more training. If it's any consolation I feel no bloody different at all!

Weigh day today

August 31st 84.4kg
Today Sept 7th 84.1kg

Still on a downward trend, I stopped logging all my food and counting calories last week after nearly a year of doing it , as I now can gauge the weight of what I serve also I get my meals a lot quicker as I don't have to weigh and write down everything for myself and the wife ^_^

groundy74

Friday weigh day 99 kg which is 6 kg on my recent lowest weight, however that's after a month of drinking and eating including 2 weeks all inclusive and no bike riding although the odd gym visit.
Back on track this week with the calorie counting and out on the bike twice this week with much more planned for next week and possibly squeeze a ride in over the weekend.
89 kg is the target by Xmas

Alan O

Über Member
Friday weigh day 99 kg which is 6 kg on my recent lowest weight, however that's after a month of drinking and eating including 2 weeks all inclusive and no bike riding although the odd gym visit.
Back on track this week with the calorie counting and out on the bike twice this week with much more planned for next week and possibly squeeze a ride in over the weekend.
89 kg is the target by Xmas
So 10 kg in approximately 16 weeks - that's an achievable target.

When I was on 1500 calories a day I was loosing 1.5kg a week so easily achieved

Down to 12 stone 5 now which is incredible

Since the low carb started I have lost more with less effort. I am not really sure where to stop but one of the thing I have noticed is I sawed a tree down and for the first time since memory started I did not sweat

I think the tricky thing is trying to maintain it and re introduce some carbs, the only thing I really miss is fish and chips but luckily where I live they are awful so we have to go to the coast but I could murder a doughnut!!!

I never stopped eating what I liked just cut down on portion size, my biggest downfall is when I have had a few pints ,when out yesterday for a mates birthday had 13 pints and a Chinese takeaway, so a bit extra to do this week coming

Doughnuts are the best if filled with fresh cream ^_^

Last edited:

Firm Button

1144B801-45EE-46CE-A1F9-5129F4CACEDB.jpeg
E6819FDE-1AD3-41CE-9945-F5CF4862DD11.jpeg
I’m recently into cycling to maintain my weight loss. Started 2 months ago as I was struggling to keep within half a stone of 11st7lb. 24 stone at my highest 3 years ago.
So I’m watching my cals and exercising to enable me to eat and drink within reason:-) nice to make your acquaintance!
Steve

Alan O

Über Member
My attempt to restart weight loss in July didn't last long, mainly because I've still been riding quite a lot and that makes me hungry - and I just wasn't focused on weight loss, which I need to be. I got up to 92.3kg by mid-August from a low of 90.7kg in April. That was still 8.9kg down from my 101.2kg peak last October, but four summer months of no weight loss (though with significant fitness and strength improvement) was disappointing.

So I'm now at the end of week one of a new and focused weight loss effort, and I'm down 1kg to 91.3kg, That's still 0.6kg up from my year low, but not a bad restart - I'll feel good when I set a new year low, and even better when I break the 90kg barrier.
Weighing day, and I'm down 1.5kg in a week, to 89.8kg - a new year low and a break through 90kg. Lightest I've been since 2007 (and that was after a pre-surgery crash diet).

My new approach? The humble potato. I'd never realised potatoes are significantly lower in calories than rice, pasta or bread - and they're more filling. I've been having just one ordinary meal per day, typically things like a 500kcal Greggs roll, beans on toast, grilled chicken and veg... Then a microwaved potato, a couple of boiled eggs, or some pickles, several times a day. I've been maintaining a deficit of a little over 1,000 kcals per day, without really feeling hungry.

groundy74

Weigh day
Today 98.9kg
Last Week 99.8kg

Considering I was eating and drinking all last weekend, I am pleased with any sort of loss. Getting back on the bike more and more and hoping for a good 70 mile ride in the morning, if I can pick up a new tyre today.

Top Bottom