Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have taken a long break from my 5:2 fasting regime and as a result my weight slowly crept back up to 88 kg (13 st 12 lbs). I would like to get it back down to a more comfortable weight of about 79 kg (12 st 6 lbs). I have been doing a lot of long rides for the past few months and that has got it back down to 86.3 kg (13 st 8 lbs) without cutting down on food at all but I'd like to speed up the rate of loss. I think I'll follow a 6:1 fasting regime while still doing the long rides, and switch back to 5:2 as the cycling tails off over next winter.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another 2 weeks on and another 0.90kgs (2lbs) lost.
Now at 74.84kgs. (11st11lb) So 3.175kgs (half a stone) lost in 6 weeks, without really trying. Just cutting out munching of crap snacks, crisps and biccies, but still managing to have a naughty treat now and again.

Goldy

Hi
In August 2014 I had to stop working due to eyesight problems and kidney failure, I was 19st 7lbs with high blood pressure & diabetes
Following 2.5 years on dialysis and a transplant nearly 3 years ago I now weigh 12st and am no longer diabetic with normal blood pressure
The downside is that I lost muscle as well as fat so now need to build up strength again hence the cycing

Slick

Guru
Hi
In August 2014 I had to stop working due to eyesight problems and kidney failure, I was 19st 7lbs with high blood pressure & diabetes
Following 2.5 years on dialysis and a transplant nearly 3 years ago I now weigh 12st and am no longer diabetic with normal blood pressure
The downside is that I lost muscle as well as fat so now need to build up strength again hence the cycing
Congratulations, that sounds like an amazing achievement. Not sure about cycling building muscle but I assume it's in conjunction with other resistance training?

MarkF

Guru
Dropped a bit more without trying, just under 79kg now. A month before I go on holiday so I am off the booze till then, should drop under my 78kg target easily.

Had to have all my pants altered, some 3" at the waist, some 2".

Oh dear, it was going so well.............I enjoyed summer too much, didn't do enough cycling, had a holiday in Turkey in July, got lazy, then decided to have another holiday first 2 weeks of September. Back up to 82kg, ok, that was my original target but.................I can't get into any of my pants.:laugh: Diet started again today so I can get out of shorts before the cold weather comes.

groundy74

Not posted on here for a while as didn't quite make the weight I was hoping for pre Holiday and certainly not the weight I want to be after two weeks all inclusive!!
Did manage to complete four 100 mile rides raising £1,500 for Charlies Chance Foundation so not all bad but time to start shifting the weight as hoping to take up circuit racing next year at the grand age of 45!!!
So here we go weigh day No1:
20 Sep 19 104 Kilo

Target by Xmas 95/96 Kilo

BikeCurious

Über Member
Monthly progress:
24/07/2019: 82.1kg
24/08/2019: 80.7kg
25/09/2019: 79.2kg

I'm doing OK, progress is fairly slow with fluctuations up and down but overall heading in the right direction. I haven't ridden a bike or done any real exercise in over a year now. I'm hoping to get back to it soon and see the weight loss accelerate.

MarkF

Guru
Oh dear, it was going so well.............I enjoyed summer too much, didn't do enough cycling, had a holiday in Turkey in July, got lazy, then decided to have another holiday first 2 weeks of September. Back up to 82kg, ok, that was my original target but.................I can't get into any of my pants.:laugh: Diet started again today so I can get out of shorts before the cold weather comes.

Been two weeks and apart from last Saturday night, no alcohol, and I've been seriously disciplined with my eating. Dropped from 82kg to 79.5kg, I could carry on but I am not enjoying it, there is no reason to lose it so rapidly now that I can get back into my pants........ I'll go to Friday when I should be sub 79kg then ease off a bit, new target is 77kg.

Drago

Legendary Member
My weights up, 117kg :sad:

But my waist is down to 35.5, my chest up to 54, and my thighs up to I don't know what because I don't keep records :smile:

Cambridge breakfast and lunch, regular evenings meal, alternating my normal split routines with some very high weight/low rep sessions.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Gave up beer August bank holiday

I was 12 stone 8, been eating lots of salad pasta and chicken and potatoes.
Cut out snacking, tho i do have an odd biscuit or cake.. So not going mad

Im 11stone 12 today, beer is the enemy.... Which is a bit of a bugger :laugh:

Bill Gates

I might hold the record for the longest gap between posting on here as my last post was in 2010! I don't know if there is anyone still posting who was around then who might remember me. Anyway re weight loss. I can't ride anymore as both my knees are crocked so do gym work 2/3 times a week and Tabata training, 8 x 20 second sprints on the spot flat out with 10 second rests twice weekly. My resting pulse is still around 32 bpm so quite pleased with that. I lost 2.5 stones in 5 months last year and kept if off for over a year now. Don't laugh but I joined Slimming World and they are brilliant. If anyone is interested in how it works then reply. Cheers

Slick

Guru
I might hold the record for the longest gap between posting on here as my last post was in 2010! I don't know if there is anyone still posting who was around then who might remember me. Anyway re weight loss. I can't ride anymore as both my knees are crocked so do gym work 2/3 times a week and Tabata training, 8 x 20 second sprints on the spot flat out with 10 second rests twice weekly. My resting pulse is still around 32 bpm so quite pleased with that. I lost 2.5 stones in 5 months last year and kept if off for over a year now. Don't laugh but I joined Slimming World and they are brilliant. If anyone is interested in how it works then reply. Cheers
Welcome back and congratulations on the weight loss. :okay:

Bill Gates

Welcome back and congratulations on the weight loss. :okay:

Just found this post from when I was last here in 2009 ^_^

"I've not done much cycling this week but have lost 3 lbs since Sunday. Due to changing my diet to eat more healthily and naturally reduce LDL in my blood, I have decided to eat nothing containing wheat, and replace it with oats.

That means porridge for breakfast and no toast. No sandwiches for lunch, no pasta, no sweet biscuits, or wheat based crackers, but oat based crackers (Nairns). Another thing is eating apples. I can just manage one a day and I tell you this stuff fills you up and kills your appetite; the spin off for me has been 3 lbs weight loss after only 5 days.

My target weight for the last 5 years has been 12 stone 7 lbs, which is the weight I used to race at. I've hovered around 13st 7-10 lbs for most of that time. This morning I weighed 13 stone 5 lbs. I'll post again next Friday (should get on the bike a bit as well), with what I hope to be around 13 stone 2 lbs. "
unquote

I stopped cycling about 6 years ago, and I weigh 13 stone 5 lbs. So no change apart from going up to 16 stone and then back down again.^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
If your resting bpm is 32 consistently, you should get your heart checked (even if you are a young healthy athlete). You might have a serious issue. Look up ‘bradycardia’
(All assuming whatever device you use for measuring is actually accurate)

Top Bottom