What a crazy world we live in!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
I have no interest in football so contribute very little to it financially. So I don't really care.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
None of us would do anything like that, now would we?
Seeing as you haven't replied i'll guess at what you meant and that's saying that we should grab as much as we can in life yes? If that's what you meant then you missed my point that someone with millions doesn't need more millions. Having loads of money stashed in a bank account does not make you happy!

vickster

Legendary Member
Seeing as you haven't replied i'll guess at what you meant and that's saying that we should grab as much as we can in life yes? If that's what you meant then you missed my point that someone with millions doesn't need more millions. Having loads of money stashed in a bank account does not make you happy!
How do you know that to be the absolute incontrovertible truth?

If a privately owned football club in China wants to pay him that, surely that’s their decision and theirs alone?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="vickster, post:

If a privately owned football club in China wants to pay him that, surely that’s their decision and theirs alone?[/QUOTE]

Whooosh!!:rolleyes:

Edit....Does G Bale need more millions,or as a professional footballer who's main aim in
life is to win trophies and medals does he want to win things? Yes he could win trophies and medals in China,but that means FA to most football fans. When he's sat there with his pipe and slippers in years to come will he be looking at his mantlepiece with Premiership winner medals,FA Cup winners medals etc on it ,or will he be looking at his bank balance?

Last edited:

Perhaps not, but you could enjoy your misery in more comfort.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have zero interest in football and if the world cup final was being played in my back garden I wouldn't even bother to look out the window.

I also have a basic though reasonable enough wage on which I can live a comfortable enough life as my tastes in most things are simple. I have no need to earn any more. However if someone was to offer me more money to do the same job, I think that I (and I suspect most people) would take it. Even though I hate football, I am not going to criticise a professional footballer for doing the same thing that I would do myself.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think football is a dull game, but could be livened up by allowing the goalies to carry .22 rimfire rifles and, say, 5 rounds each. They can then either save the ball, or shoot the striker, but they only get so many goes at the latter. This combines the physical sport with a strategic planning element, placing it on an intellectual par with chess.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think football is a dull game, but could be livened up by allowing the goalies to carry .22 rimfire rifles and, say, 5 rounds each. They can then either save the ball, or shoot the striker, but they only get so many goes at the latter. This combines the physical sport with a strategic planning element, placing it on an intellectual par with chess.

5 rounds is far too generous.

vickster

Legendary Member
To most football fans in the U.K. perhaps...there is a potential audience of 1bn+
In China alone who might wish to watch Chinese players alongside a few global superstars. There is a big wide World outside Little Britain and even Europe... ;)

Good luck to him. He’s been offered a truckload of money to continue playing football for the last few years of his career after being treated poorly by the club from which he had a contract. They didn’t want him there so he’s found an opportunity to pay him double what he was on until he retires

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@gavroche I agree that its an obscene amount but that doesn't make them greedy. If someone offered me a million a week to do something I loved I would take it.
The whole system (Sky etc) is sh*t but you cant blame the players for accepting it.
I believe it will soon implode. I really enjoy the footy but would like to see it go back to its roots.

The same can be said for all sports

Top Bottom