What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The Festival on Amazon.
It’s a British comedy by the team that produced Inbetweeners, and stars one of the main actors.
It is basically an Inbetweener goes to a festival story, so if you liked that you will enjoy this, but slightly less.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Kong: Skull Island (Prime)

Wasn't expecting much from this, which might be why I thought it was ok. Not amazing, but some impressive frames and set pieces, alongside superfluous (in my opinion) back story for Kong. It's let down by being a bit baggy and over long, as well as weirdly inconsistent (a cigarette ignites fumes in one scene, but using a flamethrower and lots of guns doesn't, because, reasons).

Like I say, not terrible, but spectacle seems to have been the priority for the film makers over all else.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Similars (Netflix)

Interesting Spanish language horror. A group of strangers is trapped in a bus station by a freak storm. One by one, they succumb to disturbing changes that seem to be affecting the world outside as well. They try to work out what (or who) is causing all this, and whether they can stop it before it affects everyone.

Strangely old fashioned at times, it's rather like a feature length Twilight Zone, but in a good way.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My Life as a Dog. Vaguely remembered the name from way back when. Swedish. Turned out to be a cracker - great script, great acting, funny and genuinely moving. Not as angsty as you'd expect, being Swedish 'n that. Partly very sad, but overall uplifting. 9/10 from me.

AndyRM

XOXO
The Predator - 4/10

Bit of a mess all round to be honest. It's probably the best of the sequels, but it really doesn't have to try hard to do that. Part of the problem I think is that it relies way too much on technology, than the primal strength which made the original so effective. It's pushed the "evolution" angle far too hard I think, and the set up for a sequel is awful.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Avengers Endgame :smile: well Thursday, cleans everything up from the previous. If you like Marvel you won't be disappointed

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Aquaman. What a load of rubbish. I'm sure i must have seen a worse film, i just can't remember one off hand. Do not waste your time on this one.

Top Bottom