What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Clement Strada Ush 700x32 tubeless ready tyres x 2

absolute bargain on PX at the mo

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Genetic Track Chain Tensioners - for two reasons

1) because I am tired of fettling my current DMR ones to use more than a few millimeters of the dropout
2) because they came in gold and I am a tart

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Bought the wife a new bike yesterday, a GT Aggressor MTB. Entry level bike, perfect for her needs. Plus got £50 off RRP. Should be able to pick it up on Sunday. 27.5” QR wheels, disc brakes, 21 gears and light aluminium frame.

As it comes with knobbly tyres only, I’ve ordered some Schwalbe Landcruiser Plus for less rolling resistance on the type of surface she rides on. The combination of the new bike and tyres should make a big difference as her old bike, a Halfords tank of a bike, weighs an absolute ton and she was working against the bike more than anything. I think I’m more excited than she is to pick it up when it’s ready!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

After 6 weeks of clear sunny days, decided to replace my Tifosis with a pair of Jawbreakers for better eye protections.

These arrived today, it's now raining. Unbelievable.

I’ve been wearing Jawbreakers for a couple of months now.

They’re expensive, but very, very good. The clarity through the lens is amazing! It makes it much easier to spot imperfections in the road.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I think these count as for the bike as when I am riding it there is an almost symbiotic relationship between man and machine going on - new bibs, an exceedingly dull purchase occasioned by my old pair spontaneously and irrecoverably scrunching up in the padded gusset area.

Looking forward to some serious crotch comfort when I go for an evening ride post TdF coverage.

Top Bottom